Exam date of INAT 2016 has been notified. Candidates interested in the Research Scholarship towards a Ph.D in Astrophysics, Physics and Astronomy can apply now!
IUACC (The Inter-University Centre for Astronomy and Astrophysics) Pune and NCRA TIFR (The Inter-University Centre for Astronomy and Astrophysics) Pune have invited applications from aspiring candidates for INAT 2016 (IUCAA-NCRA Admission Test). This test will select candidates for a research scholarship towards a Ph.D. in Astrophysics, Physics and Astronomy.
Last Date for Online Application:
September 15, 2016
Last Date for Online submission of Assessment Form:
September 19, 2016
December 8, 2016
December 8 and December 9, 2016
- Candidates must have an M.Sc., Integrated M.Sc. or B.E./B.Tech./M.E./M.Tech. degree with a minimum of 55% marks from a recognized university.
- Last year students can also apply.
- The question paper will be divided into two sections, namely A and B.
- Section A will have objective type questions about- Basic Mathematics, Electronics and Physics.
- Section B will have objective questions about advanced Mathematics, Physics and Electronics/Engineering.
- The duration of this test will be two hours.
- For every correct answer 3 marks will be awarded and for every wrong answer 1 mark will be deducted.
- There will be total of 40 questions.
- On the basis of the application and the assessment, candidates will be shortlisted and will be called for a written test.
- Candidates with 55% marks or above in their qualifying exam can also write the test by producing a valid photo ID and a copy of the recent marksheet.
- Final selection will be based on the performance of a candidate in the written test as well as in two interviews.