IIEST, Shibpur is organizing a talk on Spectrum Maps for Dynamic Spectrum Access Networks by Dr. Mainak Chatterjee from University of Florida
The Department of Information Technology, Indian Institute of Engineering Science & Technology (IIEST), Shibpur is conducting a talk session where the invited speaker if Dr. Mainak Chatterjee of Central Florida on 17th August, 2015.
Recent studies have shown that significant parts of the spectrum are underutilized and in order to cater to the inefficiencies arising out of inadeqaute use, dynamic spectrum access and sharing technologies are being brought into action.
In his talk, Dr. Mainak Chatterjee will be discussing about
- The paradigm shift from static to dynamic spectrum allocation, and other researches that are being conducted at present by radio engineers and computer scientists
- Introduce the students to the method of creating a spectrum map that provides a spatial distribution of spectrum usage over a region of interest
- Ongoing efforts on developing low cost wideband spectrum sensors
Mainak Chatterjee is an Associate Professor in the department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, University of Central Florida, Orlando. He received the BSc degree in physics (Hons.) from University of Calcutta, the ME degree in electrical communication engineering from Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, and the PhD degree from the Department of Computer Science and Engineering from the University of Texas at Arlington.
His research interests include network science, economic issues in wireless networks, applied game theory, dynamic spectrum access networks, and mobile video delivery.
Credentials of the Speaker:
- Published over 150 conferences and journal papers
- Got the Best Paper Awards in IEEE Globecom and IEEE PIMRC
- Recipient of the Air Force Office of Scientific Research sponsored Young Investigator Program (YIP) award
- Co-founder of the ACM Workshop on Mobile Video (MoVid)
- Serves on the editorial board of Elsevier's Computer Communications and Pervasive and Mobile Computing Journals
- Served as the TPC Co-Chair of a dozen conferences
- Serves on the executive and technical program committee of several international conferences
Venue: IT Seminar Hall
Date: 17th August, 2015
Time: 1:30pm Welcome note by head of the department
1:40pm Talk by Prof. Mainalk Chatterjee
3:00pm Discussion with faculty members and research scholars
Source: Priyabrata Mandal, HT Campus Specialist