IIFM Bhopal is inviting applications to its post graduate diploma course in forestry management for the 2013-15 academic session.
Established by the Ministry of Environment and Forests, Government of India in 1982, the Indian Institute of Forest Management (IIFM), Bhopal is an autonomous institution whose vision is to be among the leading international institutions in the area of environment, forest and development management.
IIFM Bhopal is now inviting applications to its two year, residential post graduate diploma course in forestry management (PGDFM) for the 2013-15 academic session. The program is open to graduates from any discipline provided he/she fulfils the eligibility criteria and qualifies through the selection process:
Eligibility Criteria for Post Graduate Diploma in Forestry Management (PGDFM)
You should have at least a three-year bachelor’s degree in any discipline obtained through the 10+2+3 system or an equivalent qualification recognised by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU), with a minimum 50% aggregate marks (45% for SC/ST/DA) or equivalent CGPA.
If you’re appearing for your final year graduation examination, you’re eligible to apply as well, provided you complete it before June 30, 2013 and fulfill the eligibility criteria as set by IIFM.
Admission Procedure for Post Graduate Diploma in Forestry Management (PGDFM)
1.Common Admission Test (CAT)
- You will have to appear for Common Admission Test (CAT 2012) conducted by Indian Institute of Management (IIMs).
- IIFM will short-list candidates basis their CAT 2012 score.
- IIMs have no role either in the selection process or in the conduct of the PGDFM program at IIFM.
2. IIFM Application Form
- You also need to fill-up a separate form for admission to PGDFM, which is obtained from IIFM Bhopal personally or by post or by downloading the form from the website.
- The cost of IIFM application form is Rs. 900/- (450/- for SC/ ST) payable at Bhopal.
- If you’re downloading the application form, then the completed form should accompany the demand draft of the specified amount drawn in favour of “Director, Indian Institute of Forest Management” payable at Bhopal.
- The application form should reach IIFM Bhopal on or before 10th December 2012.
- Applicant should attach the photocopy of CAT voucher along with IIFM application form.
- Click here to download the application form for PGDFM from IIFM Bhopal.
3. Group Discussion/Interview
If you’re short-listed on the basis of your CAT score, you will be called for a group discussion (GD) and personal interview (PI) round during February/March 2013 to either Bhopal, Bengaluru, Kolkata or New Delhi based on the choice you mention in the form.
Send the Application Form to:
Chairperson, PGDFM Admission
Indian Institute of Forest Management
Nehru Nagar, Bhopal 462 003 INDIA
Phone : 91-755-2775716, 2773799 Extn. 349, 339 & 461
FAX : 91-755-2772878,
Career of a Forest Manager