Click here to apply online to the Indian Navy through the "10+2 cadet B.Tech Entry" scheme.
The Indian Naval Academy (NAVAC, also known as INA or Ezhimala) is the initial officer training establishment of the Indian Navy, located in Ezhimala, Kerala. It conducts basic training for all officers inducted into the Indian Navy.
About the Course
This course is known as the 10+2 Cadet (B Tech) Entry Scheme. This is for the June 2012 batch. Through this course, unmarried males can get directly into permanent commission. The period of initial training, at Indian Naval Academy (INA) Ezhimala for cadet entry candidates is 4 years.
Selected Candidates will be inducted as “Cadets” for a four year B.Tech course in Electronics & Communication or Mechanical Engineering at the Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala, Kerala. During the course, Cadets will be allotted Executive, Engineering including Naval Architect specialisation and Electrical Branch. On completion of the course, B.Tech Degree will be awarded by Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU).
Note:- The entire cost of training, including books and reading material, will be borne by the Indian Navy. The cadets will also be provided with free clothing and messing.
Age: 17 to 19 & ½ years (i.e. born between 02 Jan 1993 & 01 Jul 1995. (both dates inclusive).
Educational Qualification: Senior Secondary Examination (10+2 Pattern) or its equivalent from University/Board with at least 70% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM) and at least 50% marks in English (either in Class X or Class XII).
- Height and Weight: Minimum height - 157 cms with correlated weightas per age.
- Eye Sight: The minimum acceptable vision standard for distant vision6/6, 6/9 correctable to 6/6, 6/6 with glasses. Should not be colour/night blind.
Note: There will be no relaxation in physical standards.
Online application: 2nd Nov – 26th Nov 2011
SSB interviews for short-listed candidates : Feb - May 2012
(at Bangalore/ Bhopal/ Coimbatore)
How to Apply
Whilst filling up the e-application, it is advisable to keep the relevant documents readily available to enable the following:-
- Correct filling up of personal particulars.Details are to be filled up as given in the Matriculation Certificate.
- Fields such as e-mail address, mobile number are mandatory fields and need to be filled.
For filling up application online, click here and proceed as follows:-
- Click on the "Officer Entry" button under the option 'Apply Online' on the Home Page.
- Fill the online registration form. Tips to assist in filling up fields have been provided as you highlight each field.
- Before clicking the submit button it should be checked whether all the details entered in the form are correct as you will not be able to make any corrections after saving the record.
- After submitting the form, a 'Roll Number' will be generated by the system and displayed on the screen. This Roll Number will automatically appear on the print out of the form. If the system does not generate the Roll Number, it is an indication of non-acceptance of Application by the system.
- Print two copies of the online Application Form having the system generated Roll Number. One copy of this Application Form is to be duly signed and mailed (posted) to Post Box No. 04, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi - 110 021 along with the following documents:- Self attested photograph, Attested photo copies of 10th & 12th class certificates along with Mark Sheets, other educational certificates and mark sheets of all semester/years. Send the Application by normal post. Application received by Speed Post/Courier/Registered Post will not be accepted.
- Candidates will be issued call up for Service Selection Board (SSB) interviews based on their PCM marks in 10+2/equivalent Examination. Integrated Headquarters, Ministry of Defence (Navy) reserves the right to short-list applications and to fix cut off percentage. No communication will be entertained on this account. SSB interviews for short-listed candidates will be scheduled at Bangalore/Bhopal/Coimbatore during Feb to May 2012.
- Stage I test, consisting of Intelligence Tests, Picture Perception and Discussion Tests will be conducted on the second day of arrival at SSB. Candidate who fail to qualify in Stage I will be routed back on the same day.Stage II Tests comprising of Psychological Testing, Group Testing and Interview will last for 04 days. Successful candidates will thereafter undergo Medical examination (approx duration 03-05 days).
Source: Official Website of the Indian Navy
Admission Notification: Indian Navy Entry for Logistics, Naval Armament 2012
Admission Notification: Indian Navy SSC Pilot Recruitment June 2012 Batch