Indian Oil Corporation Limited Calls Engineering Graduates for Job Opportunities
Indian Oil Corporation Limited (Indian Oil) are looking for energetic and dedicated Graduate Engineers for recruitment.Posted by Shubhangi Sarah on Feb. 1, 2013, 3:58 p.m.
Indian Oil Corporation Limited (Indian Oil) is a transnational energy major and is the highest ranked Indian Company at 83rd Position in the Fortune’s prestigious ‘Global 500’ list. To fuel the dream, Indian Oil Corporation are looking for energetic and dedicated Graduate Engineers for recruitment as Officers/ Graduate apprentice Engineers (GAEs) in the following engineering disciplines:
- Civil Engineering (excluding Construction/ Environmental/ Transportation Engineering)
- Chemical Engineering (including Petrochemicals Engineering)
- Computer Science & Information Technology (excluding information & communications Technology)
- Electrical Engineering (including Electrical & Electronics engineering but excluding Electrical & Communication/ Telecommunication engineering)
- Instrumentation Engineering (Including Electronics & Instrumentation engineering but excluding Electronics & Communication engineering/
- Mechanical Engineering (excluding Production/ Manufacturing/ Industrial Engineering)
- Metallurgical Engineering
- Minimum educational qualification for employment in above mentioned positions are:
- Candidates should have passed qualifying degree examinations and awarded bachelor’s degree in engineering/ technology in the above mentioned disciplines (full time regular courses only) from recognized Indian Universities / Institutes.
- Candidates, belonging to General and OBC (non- creamy layer) categories, should have secured minimum 65% marks in qualifying degree examinations. It is relaxed to ‘pass’ for Scheduled Caste (SC)/ Scheduled Tribe (ST) /People with disability (PWD) candidates.
- Candidates currently in final year of their engineering studies may also apply. However, if selected, they must be in a position to submit their final mark sheet by 31st August, 2013.
- For candidates pursuing/ completed M.Tech in any disciplines, other than mentioned above, for being eligible, they must have completed their BE/ B.Tech in one of the above disciplines and must take GATE-2013 examination in the discipline of their B.Tech. For example, if a candidate is pursuing his M.Tech in Artificial Intelligence and if he did his B. Tech was in Computer Science & Information Technology (which is one of the disciplines advertised by Indian Oil), he will be eligible, if he writes GATE-2013 in Computer Sc & Information Technology. On the contrary, if the same candidate had done his BE/B.Tech in Electronics & Communication Engineering, he will not be eligible.
- Integrated ME/ M.Tech candidates will be eligible, if they have already completed the course requirement for awarding BE/ B.Tech in one of the disciplines advertised above and will be completing their ME/ M.Tech in 2013. At the end of the programme, if selected in Indian Oil, such candidates must have both BE/B.Tech and ME/M.Tech degree.
- Candidates pursuing their graduation (BE/B.Tech) in combined disciplines like Mechatronics etc will not be eligible.
- Maximum 26 years as on 30th June, 2013 for the general category candidates. Age relaxation for OBC (Non Creamy Layer)/SC/ST/PWD candidates will be applicable as per the Presidential Directive.
- Reservation of posts for SC/ST/OBC (Non-Creamy Layer)/ PWD (degree of disability 40% or above) will be maintained as per Government of India directives.
- Age relaxation to OBC (non-creamy layer), SC/ST and PWD candidates will be extended as per the Presidential Directive. For being applicable for the reservation benefits under OBC category.
- Age relaxation by 5 years for candidates domiciled in Jammu & Kashmir between 1.1.1980 and 31.12.1989.
- Age relaxation by 5 years for Ex-servicemen & Commissioned Officers (including ECOs / SSCOs) subject to rendering minimum 5 years’ military service and fulfilment of other conditions prescribed by Government of India.
On the basis of GATE-2013 score, the candidates will be short listed for further selection process comprising of:
- Group Discussion / Group Task 4
- Personal Interview for assessment of different facets of knowledge, skill, attitude and aptitude.
- Please note that only GATE-2013 score is valid for this recruitment exercise in Indian Oil under this advertisement. GATE score of 2012 or scores prior any previous GATE examination is not valid.
- Candidates will have to qualify through each stage of selection process successfully before being adjudged as suitable for selection.
- Selected candidates shall have all-India transfer liability and may be posted to any Division / Unit / Subsidiary Company / Office of the Corporation.
- General category candidates will have to execute a bond of Rs.3, 00,000 (Rs.50000/- for SC/ST/OBC & PH candidates) to serve the Corporation for a minimum period of three years from the date of joining (date of appointment as Engineer in case of GAEs after successful completion of training).
How to apply
GATE-2013 through Off-line mode is scheduled on 10th February, 2013 respectively.
- The candidates will require their GATE-2013 Registration Number for applying to Indian Oil. The registration number will appear on the GATE-2013 admit card of the candidates. The admit card can only be downloaded from the zonal GATE websites of IISc and 7 IITs. No other number (for eg. GATE-2013 form no. etc) should be entered as GATE-2013 registration number while applying to Indian Oil.
- On downloading the GATE-2013 admit card and receipt of GATE-2013 registration number, the candidates need to apply to Indian Oil ONLINE. The relevant link will be made available from 10th
- December, 2012 on the Indian Oil’s website www.iocl.com.
- Candidates should click on the ONLINE application link, read the instructions carefully and fill-in the ONLINE application form giving accurate information including the GATE-2013 registration number.
- Candidates must enter the same name in the same configuration as they are entering while applying to GATE-2013. While applying to Indian Oil ONLINE candidates must fill-in the other information boxes correctly and ‘tick’ the appropriate box, wherever applicable.
- Upon completion, the candidate should submit the online application by clicking the Submit button at the bottom of the page. If the same is accepted, the system will generate a unique application ID along with the completed application form.
- Candidate should take a print out of completed application, affix his/her recent passport size photograph, put his/ her signature at the space provided and keep with him/ her safely for future reference.
- The passport size photograph affixed by the candidate should be the same submitted along with GATE-2013 application form and admit card. If the candidate is called for GD/GT and interview, his/ her identity would be verified with GATE-2013 admit card and GATE-2013 official score card.
- 19th January, 2013 is the last date for receiving the ONLINE application for Indian Oil
Sample test paper for GATE 2013 Mechanical Engineering
Sample test paper for GATE 2013 Civil Engineering
What’s new in GATE 2013?
Know All About GATE 2013