Indira Gandhi Institute of Dental Sciences (IGIDS) Invites Applications for MDS 2013
Applications are invited for the following postgraduate courses for the academic year 2013-14.Posted by Shubhangi Sarah on Feb. 6, 2013, 12:16 p.m.
Indira Gandhi Institute of Dental Sciences (IGIDS) was offering dental education since 2007 with affiliation from the Mahatma Gandhi University located in Kottayam and after the year 2010, the college came under the Kerala University of Health & Allied Sciences.
Master of Dental Surgery (MDS): Courses offered in the following areas:
- Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics
- Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics
- Prosthodontics and Crown and Bridge
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Paedodontics and Preventive Dentistry
- Oral Medicine and Radiology
- Oral Pathology and Microbiology
- Eligibility for admission is BDS degree with completion of internship on or before 30th April, 2013.
- Applicants should’ve passed their BDS from an institution recognized by DCI and must have obtained permanent registration.
- Students from general category should secure minimum 50% marks and those belonging to other categories should secure minimum of 40% marks.
- Admission based on merit in the common entrance test conducted by Sri Balaji Vidyapeeth University on All India basis.
- Students will be admitted to the first PG degrees course based on their performance in the written entrance examination.
Application Form: Application form and prospectus was available at the University Office at MGMCRI campus Pondicherry from February 4, 2013 onwards. To submit the complete form either submit it in person/by post on payment of Rs 1500/- by demand draft in favour of Registrar, Sri Balaji Vidyapeeth University, Pondicherry or downloaded from the official website.
Last date for receipt of completed application is: March 4, 2013
Date of entrance test: March 9, 2013, 10.30 am - 01.30 pm.
Exam centre:Mahatama Gandhi Medical College (MGMC) & Research Institute (RI), Pondicherry
Number of seats available: 50
The original of the following documents should be submitted at the time of admission:
- Age certificate
- Consolidated statement of BDS mark from I to IVBDS
- Attempt certificate
- Nationality certificate
- Caste certificate/ conduct certificate
- CRRI completion certificate
- BDS degree/ provision pass certificate issued by the university
- Permanent dental council registration certificate
- DCI recognition certificate from the dental institution where BDS Programme was done
- 4 passport sized photographs
Top 10 Dental Colleges in India
Important Dates for Admission to BHU 2013 Medical courses – MBBS, BDS, BAMS and B. Pharmacy
CBSE will Conduct NEET UG 2013 on 5 May 2013 for MBBS & BDS Courses