Know about B.Tech admissions process, eligibility criteria, selection procedure, B.E/ B.Tech colleges in Madhya Pradesh!
Madhya Pradesh (MP) is the second largest state of India and is situated in the centre of our country. Madhya Pradesh has a great combination of private and government colleges and universities in the field of engineering. The state has more than 200 government and non-government technical institutes imparting education in the various streams of engineering. Every year, many students seek B.Tech Admissions in Madhya Pradesh after completing their higher secondary education.
B.Tech Eligibility Criteria in Madhya Pradesh:
- Candidate should have studied Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English as main subjects at 10+2 level.
- Applicants appearing for qualifying examination are also eligible to apply.
Engineering Selection Procedure in Madhya Pradesh:
Students can apply for B.Tech Admissions in Madhya Pradesh by appearing Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) Mains exam.
Earlier, the Professional Examination Board of Madhya Pradesh used to conduct Pre-Engineering Test (PET) for admission to B.E/ B.Arch/ B. Tech (Agriculture Engineering) and B.Tech (Dairy Technology) programmes in government engineering colleges, private engineering colleges, autonomous institutions and M.P quota seats in regional engineering colleges. However, now MP PET has been replaced by JEE Main examination. Admissions to these colleges are now based on the performance of students in JEE Main exam.
Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) Mains is conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) for admission to professional and technical programmes across India. Candidate securing 45% marks in 10+2 with PCM as main subjects can apply for JEE Mains examination. Aspirants completed their 10+2 from National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) with minimum five subjects are also eligible for JEE Mains. Also, H.S.C vocational examination students can also apply for the exam.
B.E/ B.Tech Colleges in Madhya Pradesh:
Here, we have accumulated a list of engineering colleges in Madhya Pradesh (including IIT and NIT), imparting technical education at undergraduate (B.E/B.Tech) and postgraduate (M.E/M.Tech) level.
- Indian Institute of Technology, Indore (IIT-I)
- Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology, Bhopal (MANIT)
- Institute of Engineering and Technology, Indore (IET DAVV)
- Shri GS Institute of Technology and Science, Indore (SGSITS)
- Oriental Institute of Science and Technology, Bhopal (OIST)
- Lakshmi Narain College of Tech, Bhopal (LNCT)
- Jabalpur Engineering College, Jabalpur (JEC)
- Indian Institute of Information Technology, Design and Manufacturing (IIITDM)
- Medi-Caps Institute of Technology and Management, Indore (MCITM)
- Indian Institute of Information Technology and Management, Gwalior (ABV-IIITM)