IRMA Eligibility Criteria 2018 are the minimum criteria which every candidate has to satisfy for admission purpose. Read here about all eligibility criteria of IRMA.
IRMA Eligibility Criteria 2018 – The candidates, who are willing to apply for IRMA 2018, are required to fulfill the eligibility criteria of IRMA. Institute of Rural Management Anand has set some basic norms for applying for admission. Every candidate is required to satisfy IRMA eligibility criteria 2018. There are different set of eligibility criteria for both the programs offered by the institute i.e. fellow program in rural management and post graduate diploma in rural management. If any candidate fails to meet out the eligibility criteria of IRMA 2018, s/he will be disqualified for commencing. IRMA will hold an online entrance exam which is computer based in the second week of February 2018. To know more about IRMA eligibility criteria 2018, candidates should go through this article.
Click Here to Apply for IRMA 2018
IRMA Eligibility Criteria 2018
As we know that the eligibility criteria for both the programs offered by Institute of Rural Management Anand are different from each other. The candidates have to make sure that they qualify for all the prescribed guidelines before filling up the form. The main highlights of IRMA eligibility guidelines 2018 are mentioned below.
IRMA 2018 Eligibility Criteria for Post Graduate Diploma in Rural Management
- The candidates are required to have a three years bachelor’s degree from any academic background.
- The candidate is required to have earned his/her bachelor’s degree from a recognized university or college.
- The candidate is required to have completed at least 15 years of education (10+2+3).
- A candidate who belongs to DAT or ST, ST category, is required to have scored at least 45% marks in the graduation.
- A candidate who belongs to general category is required to have scored at least 50% at graduation level.
IRMA Eligibility Criteria 2018 for Fellowship Program in Rural Management
FPRM program offered by Institute of Rural Management Anand is either three or seven years doctorate program. The eligibility criteria for IRMA FPRM 2018 are mentioned below. A candidate is required to qualify for any of the following eligibility criteria mentioned here:
- A candidate must have done PGDRM at IRMA.
- A candidate who has done PGDRM at IRMA is required to have a year of work experience post diploma.
- A candidate should be a graduate with 50% marks and post graduate with 55% marks from a recognized college/university.
- A candidate who having 5 years’ professional degree such as architecture, medicine or veterinary science, and should have at least 60% marks along with a work experience of at least one year.
- A candidate who has a valid score of UGC Junior Research Fellowship in academic disciplines such as psychology, economics, management, sociology, social work, commerce etc.
Kindly note that the candidates who belong to reserved categories such as SC, ST etc. will have relaxation of 5% in all the above mentioned eligibility criteria.
IRMA FPRM Eligibility Criteria 2018 – Some Exceptional Cases
In some case, if a candidate hasn’t done post graduation but he possesses high professional experience which can be equivalent to a post graduate degree, the institute will consider that candidate for admission. In this case, the FPRM Executive Committee will carefully judge the quality of the candidate’s work including his unpolished and published work or his professional contribution.
Eligibility Criteria for IRMA 2018 according to Nationality of the Candidates
- Indian candidates as well as candidates from abroad can also apply for IRMA 2018.
- Indian National candidates need to apply for IRMA exam with their GMAT/XAT/CAT score. Plus, they need to appear in the entrance examination as well.
- The institute will shortlist the Indian candidates on the basis of entrance exam followed by selection process.
- Persons of Indian Origin (POI)/Foreign Nationals / Children of Indian Workers in Gulf Countries and Sons and Daughters of Non Resident Indian are also eligible to apply with GRE / GMT score, conditioned the exam should have been taken on or after January 2013 or they can also apply with XAT 2018 or CAT 2017 score. These candidates are eligible to apply directly to any course; there is no requirement to appear in the entrance examination.
- Institute of Rural Management Anand will shortlist the foreign candidates based on their score in the test and a telephonic round of personal interview.
Reservation Policy at Institute of Rural Management Anand
Institute of Rural Management hasn’t declared any particular reservation criteria for admission. Check the following points regarding the reservation policies of IRMA which are mentioned on the official website:
- There is no management quota available for admission to PRM at IRMA.
- For reservation of Scheduled Caste (SC) / Scheduled Tribe (ST), Other Backward Classes (OBC), Differently Abled Persons (DAP) candidates, Institute of Rural Management Anand follows the statutory reservation policy which is granted by the Government of India.
These are the general eligibility criteria which every candidate has to keep in mind before applying to IRMA. If a candidate fails to meet out the above mentioned guidelines, he or she will be disqualified by the institute at any stage of application / admission process. Hence it is recommended that the candidates have to read the guidelines carefully so that they may have a clear understanding of all the eligibility guidelines.
For more updates on IRMA 2018 eligibility criteria, keep visiting this page.