The conclave by Indian School of Business will focus on India as a favored investment destination, the investments needed to catalyze India’s growth and drive its capital markets
The Indian School of Business (ISB) with campuses at Hyderabad and Mohali, will host Artha 2015 – Capital Markets Conclave on October 17, 2015 in Mumbai. The theme of the Conclave for this year is, “India in a Sweet Spot? - Initiatives required to emerge as a ‘Break Out Nation.’ The conclave seeks to drive discussion from accomplished leaders on various topics to bring out the focus on India as a favored investment destination, investments needed to catalyze India’s growth and find out how India can become the next growth engine in Asia.
In India, improved fundamentals in the form of a reformist Modi and a stable government offer the opportunity to manage macro challenges and a return to healthy high growth with investments led recovery.
The keynote speaker for the event is Sanjay Nayar, CEO, KKR and P J Nayak, Head of Nayak Banking committee, Former Chairman and CEO, Axis Bank along with other experts and leaders in the BFSI sector & policy makers.
The theme of the conclave seeks to drive discussion on various topics to bring out the focus on India as a favored investment destination, the investments needed to catalyze India’s growth and drive its capital markets. The aim of all such discussions is to delve further on whether India can become the next growth engine in Asia and what needs to be done to achieve the same.
The conclave is divided into four major panel discussions.
- The role of banks as catalyst of growth in next decade - The discussion will delve upon digital banking, financial inclusion and the role of microfinance
- Comparative analysis of India and other global markets - The role that Greek crisis, sluggish growth in China and improvement in US markets can have on trade and investment in India
- How capital markets are engines of economic growth in India - The measures required to drive investments from foreign institutional investors and to channelize domestic institutional money. What new instruments are required to deepen capital markets and enable IPOs from small companies
- What are the next sunrise sectors in India? - How can web-based/app-based startups make the best use of deepening internet penetration, promote grass-root development and drive employment opportunities? The role of payment banks, mobile wallets and e-commerce companies in India’s growth story.
The list of eminent Panelists is as follows:
- Mr. P. J Nayak, Head of Nayak Banking Committee, Former Chairman and CEO, Axis Bank
- Mr. Sanjay Nayar, CEO, KKR
- Mr. Harshvardhan, Global Partner & Head of financial services, Bain & Company
- Mr. Vikram Limaye, MD & CEO, IDFC
- Mr. Giri Jadeja, Head – Asia Financial Institutions group, IFC
- Prof. Krishnamurthy Subramanian, Indian School of Business
- Ms. Manisha Girotra, Chief Executive Officer, Moelis
- Mr. Gaurav Ahuja, Director, Chrys Capital
- Mr. Shankar Narayanan, MD, Carlyle
- Mr. Vish Narain, Partner, TPG Growth
- Mr. Viraj Mahadevia, Actis
- Mr. Atul Joshi, MD & CEO, Fitch Ratings
- Mr. Amay Hatangadi, Executive Director, Morgan Stanley Investment Management Private Limited
- Mr. Nilesh Shah, MD, Kotak Mahindra MF
- Ms. Nisha Poddar, ET Now
- Mr. Rahul Anand, Co-founder, Hopscotch
- Mr. Sandeep Murthy, Partner, Lightbox
- Mr. Prashant Prakash, Partner, Accel Partners
- Mr. Nitin Nayar, MD, Warburg Pincus
- Mr. Aashish Bhinde, Executive Director, Avendus
The conclave will bring together some of the best minds at the forefront of industry, policy and academia. Artha 2015 is co-organized by Students of Finance Club at ISB and its alumni cell.
The Indian School of Business (ISB) is a global Business school offering world-class management education across its two campuses – Hyderabad and Mohali. The School has grown at a rapid pace over the twelve years since its inception and already has several notable accomplishments to its credit – it is the youngest school ever to consistently rank among the top Global MBA programmes, the first institution in South Asia to receive the prestigious AACSB accreditation, one of the largest providers of Executive Education in Asia, and the most research productive Indian management institution. A vibrant pool of research-oriented resident faculty, strong academic associations with leading global B-schools and the backing of an influential Board, have helped the ISB fast emerge as a premier global Business school in the emerging markets.