Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) Advanced 2017 is scheduled to be conducted on May 21, 2017. Check JEE Advanced 2017 Syllabus and Exam Pattern here
The Joint Entrance Examination (Advanced) 2017 or JEE Advanced 2017 as it is popularly known will be conducted by IIT Madras under the guidance of the Joint Admission Board (JAB) 2017. The aspirants can go through the JEE Advanced 2017 Syllabus and Exam Pattern here.
The performance of a candidate in the JEE Advanced 2017 examination will form the basis for admission to the Bachelor’s, Integrated Master’s and Dual Degree programs (entry at the 10+2 level) in all the IITs and the Indian School of Mines (ISM).
The JEE Advanced 2017 is scheduled to be held on May 21, 2017, at various centres across the country.
JEE Advanced 2017 Exam Pattern:
- The exam pattern consists of two question papers namely, Paper 1 and Paper 2 of three hours duration each. Both the papers are compulsory.
- Each question paper consists of three different sections namely, Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
- The question papers will consist of objective type (multiple choice and numerical answer type) questions designed to test comprehension, reasoning and analytical ability of candidates.
- Negative marking will be done in the case the candidate answers incorrectly.
- The applicant must go through the detailed instructions given in the question paper carefully before starting to answer.
- The question paper will be in either English or Hindi. Candidates must exercise the choice of question paper language while registering for JEE Advanced 2017. Change of question paper language will NOT be entertained after the registration.
JEE Advanced 2017 Syllabus:
Physical Chemistry –
- Gaseous and liquid states
- Atomics structure and chemical bonding
- Chemical Equilibrium
- Chemical Kinetics
- Solid state
- Surface chemistry
- Nuclear chemistry
Inorganic Chemistry –
- Isolation/preparation and properties of non-metals
- Preparation and properties of chemical compounds
- Transition elements
- Ores and minerals
- Extractive metallurgy
- Principles and qualitative analysis
Organic Chemistry –
- Basic concepts
- Preparation, properties and reactions of alkanes
- Preparation, properties and reactions of alkanes and alkynes
- Amino Acids and peptides
- Properties and uses of polymers
- Practical organic chemistry
- Quadratic equations
- Arithmetic, Geometric and Harmonic progressions
- Logarithms and its properties
- Permutations and Combinations
- Trigonometric functions
- Relations between sides and angles of a triangle
- Inverse trigonometric functions
Analytical Geometry –
- Two dimensions: Cartesian coordinates, distance between two points, section formulae, shift of origin.
- Locus problems
- Three dimensions: Direction cosines and direction ratios, equation of a straight line in space, equation of a plane, distance of a point from a plane.
Differential Calculus –
- Limits and continuity of functions
- Even and odd functions
- Derivative of functions
- Derivative of polynomials
Integral Calculus –
- Integration as the inverse process of differentiation, indefinite integrals of standard functions, definite integrals and their properties, fundamental theorem of integral calculus.
- Integration by parts, integration by the methods of substitution and partial fractions, application of definite integrals to the determination of areas involving simple curves.
- Formation of ordinary differential equations, solution of homogeneous differential equations, separation of variables method, linear first order differential equations.
General Concepts –
- Units and dimensions
- Dimensional analysis
- Kinematics in one and two dimensions
- Newton’s laws of motion
- Static and dynamic friction
- Kinetic and potential energy
- Work and power
- Systems of particles
- Laws of gravitation
- Acceleration due to gravity
- Linear and angular simple harmonic motions
- Pressure in fluid
- Wave motion
Thermal Physics –
- Thermal expansion of solids, liquids and gas
- Elementary concepts of convection and radiation
- Ideal gas laws
- Black body radiation
Electricity and Magnetism –
- Coulomb’s law
- Electric field and potential
- Ohm’s law
- Kirchhoff’s law
- Biot-Savart’s Law and Ampere’s Law
- Electromagnetic induction
- Reflection and Refraction
- Total internal reflection
- Deviation and dispersion of light by a prism
- Wave nature of light
Modern Physics –
- Atomic nucleus
- Law of radioactive decay
- Fission and fusion processes
- Photoelectric effect
- Bohr’s theory
Architecture Aptitude Test:
- Freehand Drawing
- Geometrical Drawing
- Three-dimensional Perception
- Imagination and Aesthetic Sensitivity
- Architectural Awareness