Check out JEE Main 2017 eligibility criteria including academic qualifications, age criteria and other requirements here!
Do you know the JEE Main 2017 eligibility criteria for appearing in JEE Main 2017 exam? This article brings you all the information you require for taking India’s most prestigious engineering entrance exam.
The JEE Main 2017 eligibility criteria will include the education qualification, age requirements, number of exam attempts, Aadhaar Card number etc., and other criteria required to appear for the JEE Main exam. The candidates must go through the eligibility criteria for JEE Main 2017 as outlined by the exam conducting body before they fill the JEE Main 2017 Application form. The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) conducts JEE Main exam every year to offer admission to NITs, IIITs and GFTIs, in Bachelor of Technology (B. Tech)/Bachelor of Architecture (B. Arch).
JEE Main 2017 exam is scheduled to take place on 2nd April, 2017 (pen and paper based) and 8th and 9th April 2017 (computer based).
Candidates must note that the Aadhaar Card number is the new eligibility criteria for JEE Main 2017. CBSE officials have said that, while filling the JEE Main 2017 application form, candidates will need to enter details like their Aadhaar Number, name, date of birth and gender, and these details will be validated with the UIDAI’s data.
Aadhaar Card Criteria for JEE Main 2017:
Candidates who do not have an Aadhaar Card, need to fill out the application for Aadhaar enrolment if he/she is eligible to obtain an Aadhaar Card according to section 3 of the Aadhaar Act. For this purpose, candidates can visit the Aadhaar enrolment facilitation centres which are set up at JEE Main exam cities, by the CBSE for the purpose of Aadhaar enrolment for candidates. Candidates will not be charged any amount for Aadhaar enrolment.
Candidates who have not yet received their Aadhaar card yet but have enrolled for it, need to fill in their 28 digit Aadhaar enrolment ID in their online JEE Main 2017 application form. The 28 digit Aadhaar enrolment ID is printed on the Aadhaar enrolment slip.
In the case of the unavailability of the Aadhaar enrolment facility at the facilitation centres, the candidates can submit a request for their Aadhaar enrolment and the facilitation centre will give a registration number. This registration number needs to be entered by the candidates in their JEE Main 2017 application form.
Candidates must also ensure that their details in the Aadhaar card and their school records match. In case of a discrepancy or mismatch, candidates will have to get the information altered and changed in either one of the records.
JEE Main 2017 is scheduled to be conducted at IIT Madras on April 2, 2017.
These undergraduate programmes are available at esteemed IITs, NITs, IISc and other Government-funded engineering institutes of India.
Eligibility Criteria for JEE Main 2017:
- The applicant must be born after October 1, 1992 (for general candidates) and October 1, 1987 (for SC/ST and PwD candidates).
- The date of birth of the candidate will be considered as mentioned in Secondary Education Board/ University Certificate.
- The candidate should have the five subjects required as per eligibility of the exam. These subjects are, 1.language, 2. Physics, 3. Mathematics, 4. Any one of the subjects from Chemistry, Biology, Biotechnology, Technical Vocational subjects and 5. Any other subject.
- The candidate should have passed 10+2 or equivalent exam in the year 2015 or 2016.
- The students appearing for the 10+2 exam in 2017 are also eligible to apply.
- The candidate should have Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics at 10+2 level.
- Applicant must have passed minimum five subjects in 10+2 or qualifying exam.
- A candidate can apply for the exam for only three times.
- Diploma (3 years) holders can also apply.
- Candidates appearing in the qualifying exam in the year 2017 can also apply.
- General category candidates should have scored at least 75% marks in their class 12th exams or be in the top 20 percentile of the class 12th exams of their respective boards.
- For SC/ST category candidates, the minimum marks are 65% marks in their class 12th.
- Candidates applying for B.Arch/ B.Planning- maths subject, with 50% marks in total comprising of five subjects, is the eligibility criteria.
The admissions will be offered based on the All India Rank/State/Category Rank and the number of seats available in the preferred programme. Allocation of seats will be done for eligible candidates based on the rank and scores obtained in JEE Main exam 2017.