Bhawanipur Education Society College Organized A Health Seminar For Faculty And Students
The Bhawanipur Education Society College (BESC), Kolkata organized a health check up camp and seminar on lifestyle diseases for students and faculty in association with CK Birla Hospital and Amrit Varta Patrika, a Gujarati daily on 19th August 2015.
The health check up for the faculty included test of random blood sugar, blood pressure and bone mineral density. This was followed by a health awareness seminar for the students that focused on topics like ‘Injuries and Exercise as Remedy’ and ‘Infectious Diseases and Adolescence’.
The speakers for the event were:
- Ms. Priyashi Roychoudhary , PR manager from CMRI,
- Dr. Gaurav Gupta, Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon,
- Dr. Sankar Sengupta, Chief of Quality and Academics,
- Mr. Anjan Das, Head-Growth & Development, CMRI
- Mr. Bhavain Patel
It was an interactive session with a discusiion about how a workout injury can happen to anyone- no matter the experience or fitness level, workout precautions, transmission of infections from one person to another, what measures can be taken to keep the communities healthy, adolescent problems like depression, AIDS, eating disorders etc.
Some precautions that were discussed included:
- Sick students and staff to stay at home and seek medical attention
- Hygiene measures like availability of soap and paper towel
- Application of disinfectants in classrooms
- Annual influenza vaccinations
The idea “The Greatesr Wealth is Health” was therefore reinforced through this seminar and the students and faculty members could gain insights from the same. It was a great learning experience for all overall.
Source: Shriya Agarwal, HT Campus Specialist