The written entrance exam for admission to MSW course in Delhi School of Social Work is on 22nd June 2012.
The Delhi School of Social Work, University of Delhi (DU) has announced admissions open to its M.A in Social Work for the academic session 2012 -14. DSW will conduct a written test for the same on 22nd June 2012.
The Delhi School of Social Work is one of the oldest & premier institutions in India that offers a 2 year post graduate degree in Social Work. This post-graduate course is primarily designed for those who seek opportunities in the field of social welfare and development practice.
Eligibility Criteria for admission to MSW course in the Department of Social Work, Delhi University:
Admissions to M.A in Social Work (MSW) is open to both men & women having completed a bachelor’s degree programme of 3 years duration from a recognised university. The eligibility criteria for admission to MSW course in the Department of Social Work, Delhi University are:
- You should have a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent (under the 10+2+3 year) in any discipline with minimum 55% marks from a recognised university.
- You can apply if you are a B.A (Hons) Social Work student with a minimum of 50% marks from a recognised university.
- You can also apply if you are appearing for the final year exam of your bachelor’s degree.
- Candidates belonging to SC/ ST shall be eligible to as per Delhi University rules to pass with the minimum marks.
- PWD candidates shall be allowed 5% relaxation in the eligibility requirement.
- Candidates belonging to OBC category shall be eligible for admission as per university norms.
Important Dates for M.A (Social Work) 2012 from Department of Social Work, Delhi University
Sale of Application Forms
30th Apr – 13th Jun 2012
Last date for receipt of completed applications
20th Jun 2012
Written admission Test for MSW course
22nd Jun 2012
New academic session begins
16th Jul 2012
How to Apply to M.A (Social Work) 2012 from Department of Social Work, Delhi University
The admission bulletin (along with the application forms) can be obtained in 3 ways:
- In person from the Department of Social work
- By post
- By downloading the form from www.du.ac.in
Application fees for M.A (Social Work) 2012 from Department of Social Work, Delhi University
You would need to pay:
- Cash payment of Rs. 650/- (Rs. 450/- for SC/ST candidates) if you’re obtaining the application form & bulletin in person
- Demand draft of Rs. 700/- (Rs. 500/- for SC/ST candidates) if you’re obtaining the application form & bulletin by post or by downloading it from www.du.ac.in. The DD should be drawn in favour of Registrar, University of Delhi, payable at Delhi.
The last date for receipt of completed applications at the department by hand/post is 20th June 2012.
For further information, contact 011-27667881 or 27667147 or e-mail to email@example.com.
Source: Official Website of DU