Mahatma Gandhi Kashi Vidyapeeth, Varanasi is all set to organise a national seminar on July 30 and 31, 2016.
Mahatma Gandhi Kashi Vidyapeeth, Varanasi will host a national seminar on the topic ‘Problems of Food and Nutritional Security: Planning and Strategy’ on July 30 and 31, 2016.
This seminar is being organised to focus on qualitative, quantitative, and administrative aspects of food and nutritional security.
This seminar will provide a platform for research scholars, teachers, academicians, professionals of various disciplines related to the theme.
Experts from government and non-government organisations, social thinkers and activists are also expected to participate and share their views on different aspects of food and nutritional security.
Changing Profile and Concept of Food & Nutrition Security
- Extent of Poverty and Hunger: Ground Realities, Measurement Issues & Methodologies
- Illness, diseases and incapability
- Vulnerable groups and their socio-economic problems
- Child and female labour, Human trafficking
- Regional Dimensions of the Problem of F & N Security
- Agricultural Development and Strategy for Food and Nutrition Security
- Assessment of the Planning and Strategy of agricultural development in achieving F&N Security.
- Strategic Programs in progress and Policies being followed for agricultural development to achieve F&N Security, along with environmental issues.
- Small farm holdings, non-farm activity and strategy for F&N Security.
- Opportunities missed and scope existent regarding land reforms, particularly tenancy reforms and F&N security.
- Staple Food markets and Jobs market scenario in view of F&N Security.
Strategy for Food and Nutritional Security: National and International Perspective
- Review of plans and policies focused upon Food security in India and UP & other poorer states
- National agencies, like FCI, Institutional arrangements, like PDS and other Government policies - Employment and income generation programs, Food Security Mission, Food Security Act, etc. to enhance F& N security
- Role and Impact of rules, regulations and policies of International Agencies on strategy for F& N Security like WTO, FAO, World Bank, etc.
- International perspective (exports and imports of agriculture & allied sector goods) of Agricultural Commodities market in India and its implication to F&N security.
Economic Reforms and F&N strategy
- Strategy for and impact upon Agricultural production and F&N security
- Reforms in Agricultural Marketing - Future trading in Commodity market, agricultural credit.
- Overall employment scenario, various employment and income generation programs to enhance entitlement of the larger masses.
- Cultural change, diversification in household budgets and Food & Nutrition Security
- Recent Policies and Programmes having bearings to F & N Security
- For academicians (without accommodation): INR 1000
- For academicians (with accommodation): INR 1500
- For students and research scholars (without accommodation): INR 700
- For students and research scholars (with accommodation: INR 1000
- For social activists: INR 200
Source: Om Prakash Maurya, HTCampus Specialist
Like us on