AIMA MAT (December) 2012 paper-based test will be held on 2nd Dec & the computer-based test on 8th Dec 2012.
AIMA will conduct MAT (December) 2012 - paper-based test on 2nd December 2012 & computer-based test on 8th December 2012.
About the Exam
The All India Management Association (AIMA) is an apex body of management which has more than 30,000 individual members, 3000 institutional members and 60 Local Management Association across India and overseas. It has been organising a lot of management related activities and initiatives such as Distance Management Education, Management Development Programmes, Special Conferences, Research & Publications, Testing Services and Competitions. Centre for Management Services (CMS) is the special division of AIMA that undertakes testing and other management services. AIMA conducts the Management Aptitude Test (MAT) that has been approved by the Ministry of HRD as a National Entrance Test. Candidates now can choose to take either the MAT Paper Based Test or the MAT Computer Based Test.
MAT by AIMA is usually conducted 4 times in a year in February, May, September and December.
AIMA MAT is an objective type test with multiple-choice answers and is usually of 2.5 hours duration. The test is designed to measure a person’s general aptitudes and has the following sections
• Language Comprehension - 40 marks
• Mathematical Skills - 40 marks
• Data Analysis and Sufficiency – 40 marks
• Intelligence and Critical Reasoning - 40 marks
• Indian and Global Environment - 40 marks
Eligibility for MAT 2012
The minimum qualification taking MAT is graduation in any discipline from any recognized University or equivalent recognized degree. A final year student in any undergraduate (i.e. B.A, B.Sc., B.Com., B.Tech., etc) can also appear provisionally AIMA MAT exam. Usually, there is a minimum percentage requirement in graduation, which is different for different institutions.
The pattern is to conduct the MAT Paper Based Test on the first Sunday of February, May, September and December from 1000-1230 hours and the MAT Computer Based Test from the next Saturday onwards (6 days after the Paper Based Test date).
The schedule for the upcoming MAT 2012 by AIMA:
Important Dates of MAT December 2012
- Paper-Pencil Test: 2nd December 2012 (Sunday) (10am to 12:30pm)
- Computer Based Test (Online Test): From 8th December 2012 (Saturday) onwards in different time slots at specified test venues
(If the number of candidates registered for Computer Based Test is limited and can be accommodated in a single day; the test will be completed on 8th December 2012 itself)
- Last Date For sale of Forms of MAT by AIMA: 14th November 2012
- Last Date for submission of filled in Registration Forms (offline & online) at AIMA, New Delhi: 17th November 2012
- Last Date For Online Registration of AIMA MAT: 14th November 2012
- Last Date for submission of filled in Online Registration Forms at AIMA, New Delhi: 17 November 2012
You can apply in any of the 3 following ways:
1.Obtain Form with MAT Bulletin / CD against cash payment of Rs.1200/- from listed branches of Bank of Baroda, Axis Bank, listed Study Centres of AIMA or from AIMA office at New Delhi.
2.Obtain Crossed Demand Draft (DD) of Rs.1200/- in favour of “All India Management Association”, payable at Delhi from any bank. Register online on the MAT website along with the DD details.
3.Register online on the MAT website with Credit Card or debit Card (ATM Card) payment of Rs.1200/- . Click here to register ONLINE for MAT (December 2012).
Management House, 14, Institutional Area,
Lodhi Road, New Delhi 110003
Tel: 011 - 24645100, 24617354
Practice Mock MAT tests