Human Resource Management deals with the recruitment and management of people who work in an organisation.
Human Resource Management (HRM) refers to the process of managing employees in an organisation. The roles and responsibilities of efficient HRM executives include hiring, recruitment and training of employees, evaluation of their performance, providing compensation and additional benefits etc. HR personnel’s are also expected to raise the motivation levels of its employees in order to ensure maximum output in terms of work.
MBA in HR specialisation is perfect for those management learners, who want to pursue a career in the Human Resource Management (HRM) domain.
Master of Business Administration (MBA) in HR is generally a two-year postgraduate program offered in almost every business school. The program focuses on building leadership qualities, teamwork atmosphere, decision-making abilities, communication powers etc. in a candidate. Apart from this, business related projects, assignments, presentations, reports and internship are the important parts of this program, which are included to develop a career in the HR discipline.
Eligibility criteria for Human Resource Management in MBA
- A graduate degree in any discipline with 50%.
- Entrance exam score – Some of the popular management entrance exams are Common Admission Test (CAT), Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT), Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT), Management Aptitude Test (MAT), Narsee Monjee Management Aptitude Test (NMAT), Common Management Admission Test (CMAT), and AIMS Test for Management Admissions (ATMA).
Skills required to be a HR professional
- Ability to understand human relations
- Leadership skills
- Negotiation skills
- Ability to mould the style of operation as per staff needs
- Strategic planning through peoples’ development
- Understanding of different cultures
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to take a hard call, to create a win-win situation for the organisation and staff
Career options/ Job prospects after completing an MBA in HR
- Human Resources Manager
- Nonprofit Human Resources Expert
- HR Consultant
- International Human Resources Professional
- Human Resources Executive
- Training & Development Manager
- Employee Education Consultant
- HR Entrepreneur
- Executive Recruiter
- Human Resources IT Specialist
- Staffing Director
- Technical Recruiter
- Compensation Manager
Estimated Pay Scale
Entry-level HR professionals with a degree from premier institutes may earn between Rs. 6 lakh to Rs. 12 lakh per annum. A mid-level professional may earn between Rs. 18 lakh and Rs. 35 lakh per annum. Senior professionals may earn between Rs. 40 lakh to Rs. 1 crore per annum.
Colleges offering MBA in Human Resource Management (HRM) specialiation
- Indian Institutes of Management (IIM) – Ahmedabad, Indore, Kolkata, Bangalore etc.
- Faculty of Management Studies (FMS), University of Delhi
- Xavier School of Management (XLRI), Jamshedpur
- Institute of Management Technology (IMT), Ghaziabad
- Management Development Institute (MDI), Gurgaon
- Symbiosis Institute of Business Management (SIBM), Pune & Bangalore
- Symbiosis Center for Management & Human Resource Development (SCMHRD), Pune
- NMIMS’ School of Business Management, Mumbai
- Birla Institute of Management Technology, Greater Noida
- School of Management, SRM University, Tamil Nadu