Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) offers Master of Business Administration (MBA) courses through distant learning. Here is the detailed information about IGNOU MBA.
Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) offers MBA programmes through distance learning mode. MBA from IGNOU is a popular choice among students/professionals who wish to add more value to their educational qualifications.
Since a couple of years, IGNOU MBA has become one of the most preferred professional degrees among working professionals and students who cannot take regular classes. The cost effectiveness and the career growth are the two major attractions for pursuing MBA course from IGNOU.
IGNOU MBA certificate is valid all over in India and after completion of the course, one can search for a fruitful career in different industries. The only concern that remains is whether the MBA awarded from IGNOU put you into the league of full timers from regular colleges.
It is suggested, that aspiring students first do an honest SWOT analysis of themselves, in terms of aspirations and other facts critical to pursuing further education. In order to save your time and effort, HTCampus has compiled a few pointers for you to glance through the detailed information about MBA from IGNOU.
IGNOU MBA Course Details:
- Minimum duration to complete the course is 2.5 years and the maximum is 8 years. There is no age bar (neither maximum nor minimum) to take admission into the same.
- You must have obtained a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline with at least 50% marks for general category and 45% for the reserved category with 3 years managerial/supervisory/professional experience.
- Professional Degree with at least 50% marks in:
- Engineering/Medicine/Chartered Accountancy (ICAI)/Cost and Works Accountancy (ICWAI)/ Chartered Secretaryship (ICSI) and Law.
- Also, you need is to qualify the OPENMAT (A Management Aptitude Test) conducted by IGNOU for admissions into the management programmes.
You have to take this mandatory aptitude test to seek admission into IGNOU distance learning MBA. OPENMAT is conducted twice a year, usually in the month of February and August.
To appear for the OPENMAT test, the student will have to fill up an Application Form for OPENMAT ENTRANCE EXAM.
Syllabus of the OPENMAT entrance exam paper:
- General Awareness: Comprises of general knowledge (newspapers, magazines, current affair books).
- English Language: Comprises of reading comprehension including passages, poems, synonyms, antonyms, correct grammar usage etc.
- Quantitative Aptitude: Comprises of Arithmetic, Algebra, Trigonometry, Geometry and Statistics.
- Reasoning: Comprises of coding & decoding, data interpretation, strong and weak arguments.
- The MBA Programme offered by IGNOU consists of 21 courses in all. The fees for each course is Rs. 1500 (i.e. total fees is 21x1500= INR 31, 500).
- These 21 courses include 11 Basic Courses, 5 Specialisation Courses and 5 Integrative Courses, which include a Project Course equivalent to two courses.
The Master of Business Administration (MBA) was launched as a result of a MoU between Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) and Indian Institute of Banking & Finance (IIBF) and is meticulously designed for bankers. It is offered through countrywide network of study centres of IGNOU. The programme uses standard IGNOU multi-media design and technology aided delivery systems.