MREI conducted a workshop in collaboration with Faridabad Police on April 2, 2016.
Manav Rachna Educational Institutes is delighted to host an intensive expert workshop on ‘Criminal Prosecution’ on April 2, 2016.
This workshop was conducted in collaboration with Faridabad Police with the support of different state police including Uttar Pradesh, Himachal Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Goa, Punjab, Delhi, Ghaziabad, Gurgaon and Noida along with CBI and RPF.
The workshop aimed at debating and analysing critical aspects of criminal investigation and prosecution in order to ensure that all stakeholders understand and perform their respective roles effectively.
The day started with an inaugural session on ‘How to achieve effective prosecution in the Indian Criminal justice System’ with Hon’ble Mr. Justice Rajesh Kumar Agrawal (Judge, Supreme Court of India) as the Chief Guest and keynote speaker.
Hon’ble Mr. Justice S.K. Aggarwal (Former Judge Allahabad High Court) with Dr. K.P. Singh, IPS (DGP/Crime, Haryana Police) and Mr. Sushil Bajaj (Advocate) delivered a session on ‘Registration of FIR and initiation of criminal proceedings’ as well.
There were sessions too on ‘Criminal Amendment Act, Juvenile Justice System, Need for Jail Reforms’, ‘Role of Forensics in Criminal Investigation and Prosecution’
- K.T.S. Tulsi (MP and Senior Advocate)
- Mr. Amod Kanth, IPS (Retd)
- Mr. Bhuvan Ribhu (National Secretary of Bachpan Bachao Andolan)
- Mr. R.P. Upadhyaya, IPS (Inspector General, Chandigarh Police)
- Mr. Keshav Kumar, IPS (Joint Director, CBI)
- Mr. Vikas Pahwa (Senior Advocate)
- Mr. Ravindranath Patil (Director Forensics, PWC India)
- Mr. P.K. Das (Additional Chief Secretary, Govt.of Haryana).
- General Principles of Appreciation of Evidence
- Investigation in Criminal Cases
- How to bridge the gap between the stakeholders i.e. Government, Police and Courts
The last session was chaired by Hon’ble Ms. Justice Gita Mittal (Judge, Delhi High Court) and co-chaired by Hon’ble Mr. Justice Rajan Gupta (High Court of Punjab and Haryana. Mr. P.K. Malhotra (Ministry of Law and Justice) delivered the keynote address and last session of the event.
Source: Harshil Kumar Anand, HTCampus Specialist
Also on HTCampus.com
Like us on