A 3D Printing workshop will be hosted at IBS Kolkata by MyWBUT, the leading online educational portal of West Bengal University of Technology.
MyWBUT will organise a 3D Printing workshop at IBS (ICFAI Business School), Kolkata on November 13, 2016. The previous date has been revised by MyWBUT, the leading online educational portal of West Bengal University of Technology.
3D Printing is an additive manufacturing technique that creates a physical object from a virtual 3D CAD model by depositing successive layers of material. They work like the traditional inkjet printers, but instead of ink, a 3D printer deposits desired material to manufacture an object from its digital format. 3D printing and rapid prototyping, in general, are widely claimed to have revolutionized not only the manufacturing industry but also many other walks of life like medicine, aerospace and automotive industry.
This program on 3D Printing helps the participants understand the various methods of 3D printing and associated technologies. It will take you through the entire 3D printing process from idea to print with a Live Demonstration of a 3D Printer in action.
The workshop details are mentioned as below:
- Registration fee: INR 350
- Date: October 13, 2016
- Venue: IBS Kolkata (ICFAI Business School)
- Introduction to Rapid Prototyping
- Need for Rapid Prototyping
- What is additive manufacturing?
- Introduction to 3D Printing
- Various Printing technologies (SLA, DLP, SLS, SHS, SLM, FDM, LOM , Poly jet printing, Colour jet Printing, Multi jet Printing)
- Fused Deposition Modelling process in detail
- Evolution of consumer 3D Printing
- Overview of the RepRap Project
- Anatomy of a FDM 3D Printer
- Overview of the 3D Printing process
- 3D CAD file formats
- Generating 3D CAD files and 3D scanning
- Stereo lithography (STL) files
- Generating/obtaining STL files
- Manipulating/Repairing STL files using Meshmixer
- Introduction to the Slicing Software
- Slicing settings
- Correct positioning on the print bed
- Printing an Object
For online registration click here.
Offline Registration will be done through Campus Representatives. You need to pay the Total Registration Fee to any one of your College CR along with your details. CR will send your details to MYWBUT and you will get the confirmational Email / SMS.
Register yourself at MYWBUT office -
MYWBUT, E 2/4, Block - GP, Netguru Building, 2nd Floor, Salt Lake, Sector - 5, Kolkata - 700091 (Near Webel Bhavan).
Source: Souvik Jana, HTCampus Specialist
Like us on