The National Aptitude Test for Architecture (NATA) is conducted for admission to B. Arch degree courses
The National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) 2016 is conducted by the Council of Architecture (COA) for admission to five years Bachelor of Architecture (B. Arch) degree course at various government, government-aided and unaided schools/colleges of architecture.
Besides measuring an applicant’s aptitude for studying architecture, NATA checks their drawing and observation skills, aesthetic sensitivity, critical thinking ability and sense of proportion. The two-part test has an online section based on aesthetic sensitivity followed by a test on drawing. The total duration is about three hours.
NATA 2016 Exam Pattern:
NATA 2016 Paper Pattern consists of two parts:
Aesthetic Sensitivity Test:
This is an online test with 1 hour duration and total 40 questions of MCQ type. This test measures various skills of the applicants’ imagination, creativity perception, observation and communication along with architectural awareness & comprises of:
- Analytical reasoning
- Architectural awareness (General Knowledge question about architecture, famous, building etc.)
- Identifying commonly used material and objects based on their texture
- Visualising three dimensional objects through two dimensional drawing
- Visualising different sides of three dimensional objects
- Mental ability
- Imaginative comprehension and expression
The candidates have to attempt 3 questions. This section is of two hour of duration. The drawing aptitude will be measured on the following basis:
- Learn to sketch given object proportionately and rendering in a visually appear ling manner
- Light and shadow on object and its surrounding
- Perspective drawing
- You should be able to combine three dimensional objects to from stable structure and depict in sketching
- Sense of scale and proportion
- Colour composition, sense of colour
- Memory drawing
- You should be able to sketch two dimensional compositions using given shape and form.
There will be no lateral entry at any year/stage of B. Arch course based on any qualification. However, the validity of the NATA 2016 Score will be of two years from the year in which a candidate has appeared.