NISER announces NEST 2015 results for admission to NISER & Department of Atomic Energy Centre for Excellence under University of Mumbai.
National Institute of Science Education & Research (NISER) is affiliated with Homi Bhabha National Institute (HBNI), Mumbai a deemed research university under the Department of Atomic Energy. NISER offers the following programmes in the Schools of Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics.
NISER has announced the NEST 2015 entrance exam results today – June 19, 2015. NEST 2015 exam was conducted on May 30, 2015 across 52 cities in India. Students can check their 2015 NEST exam results at the official website of NISER.
National Entrance Screening Test (NEST) is conducted by NISER for admission to integrated 5 Yr M. Sc programme, Integrated M. Sc + Ph. D Programmes and Ph. D programme. NEST entrance test is a mandatory exam for admission to National Institute of Science Education and Research (NISER), Bhubaneswar and University of Mumbai - Department of Atomic Energy Centre for Excellence in Basic Sciences (UM-DAE CBS), Mumbai.
NISER is also planning to add new Schools in Computer Science, Earth, Environment and Planetary Sciences in the next few years. Schools under NISER include School of Biological Sciences, School of Chemical Sciences, School of Humanities and Social Sciences, School of Mathematical Sciences and School of Physical Sciences.
Eligibility Criteria for NEST 2015
- DOB should be on or after July 15, 1995 for General and OBC category
- The age limit is relaxed by 5 years for SC/ ST/ Physically Disabled (PD) candidates
- Class XII qualifying examination should be passed in either 2013 or 2014. Candidates appearing in 2015 are also eligible
- Minimum 60% marks in aggregate (or equivalent grade) in Class XII (or equivalent) examination from any recognized Board in India
- Minimum 55% marks for Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST) candidates and for Persons with Disability (PD)