Gujarat Technological University organised National Workshop on Advances in Construction Technology and Project Management
Gujarat Technological University conducted a National Workshop on Advances in Construction Technology and Project Management (ACTPM-2015) on October 9, 2015 and October 10, 2015 sponsored by Department of Science and Technology and Gujarat Council on Science and Technology, Government of Gujarat and Department of Civil Engineering, Sankalchand Patel College of Engineering.
The main objective of the workshop was to educate academician, professionals and students about the overall planning, coordination and control of a construction project from inception to completion aimed at meeting a client’s requirements in order to produce functionally and financially viable projects. Technical lectures were provided by Eminent Resource Persons, Academic Institutions like as IITs & NITs and Industries.
Topics to be covered:
- Basic Introduction to Revit & Building Information Modelling
- Scope and Importance of MS-Project & Primavera in Construction Industry
- Construction Engineering & Management
- Balance resource capacity
- Plan, schedule, and control complex projects
- Allocate best resources and track progress
- Monitor and visualize project performance versus plan
- Conduct what-if analysis and analyse alternative project plans
Faculties of Degree Engineering Colleges, Diploma colleges, UG/PG students, Researchers, Working Professionals of Private / Public Sectors engaged in the analysis, design, planning, construction, operation, maintenance and management of water resources and environment had been benefited from the proposed program.
- Dr. Hariharan S. (L & T Baroda)
- Dr. Sandeep Chaudhary (MNIT, Jaipur)
- Prof. Dilip A. Patel (SVNIT, Surat)
- Prof. Jyoti Trivedi (CEPT, Ahmedabad)
- Mr. Jay Maniyar (MaRS Consultancy, Ahmedabad)
Sankalchand Patel College of Engineering-Visnagar was established in 1999 by Nootan Sarva Vidhyalay Kelvani Mandal-Visnagar with an aim of producing world class professionals in the specialized fields of Engineering and Management sciences. The Institute is affiliated to Gujarat Technological University, Ahmedabad also approved by All India Council for Technical Education AICTE (New Delhi).
Source: Hiral Bharat Bhai Kuvaradiya, HT Campus Specialist