NCHMCT JEE 2013 Age Limit
NCHMCT JEE 2013 will be held on 27th April 2013. Students need to apply before 15th April 2013. Here is the age limit to apply for NCHMCT JEE 2013…Posted by alka singh on Feb. 7, 2013, 12:31 p.m.
Download the files related to this article
National Council for Hotel Management and Catering Technology and Indira Gandhi National Open University will jointly conduct the joint entrance examination to B Sc Hospitality and Hotel Administration. NHCMCT JEE 2013 will be held on 27th April 2013. Interested candidates need to apply before 15th April 2013.
Here is the age limit criteria for NCHMCT JEE 2013…
Age Limit as on 1st July 2013:
- For candidates from General and OBC categories, upper age limit is 22 years as on 1st July 2013. Candidates born on or after 1st July 1991 are eligible.
- In the case of Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe candidates, upper age limit is 25 years as on 1st July 2013. That is SC/ST candidates born on or after 1st July are eligible.
- Upper age limit for Physically Challenged candidates shall be reckoned as per the category he/she belongs to i.e. General/SC/ST/OBC.
- Date of birth as recorded in the Secondary Education Board/Pre-University Certificate shall be the authentic proof that will be accepted.
- At the time of counselling, this certificate must be produced in original as a proof of age, failing which the candidate will not be considered for counselling/admission.
All qualified candidates will have to submit a physical fitness certificate at the time of admission from a Registered Medical Practitioner.
Reservation of Seats:
As per Government of India rules candidates belonging to certain categories are admitted to seats reserved for them. Benefit of reservation shall be given only to those classes/castes/tribes which are in the respective Central List published by the Government of India Reservation for Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe:
- For the SC and ST categories, 15% and 7.5% seats, respectively, are reserved in Central and State Government Institutes of Hotel Management.
- Candidates belonging to SC / ST categories will be required to produce the original caste/tribe certificate issued by a competent authority in the prescribed format during admission.
- Certificates in any other format will not be accepted.
- Seats remaining vacant in these categories shall not be filled by candidates belonging to any other category.
- 27% seats are reserved for candidates belonging to OBC (Non creamy layer) category in Central Institutes of Hotel Management.
- Those belonging to the creamy layer of OBC are NOT entitled for reservation.
- Seats remaining vacant in this category shall be filled through General Category candidates, as per Supreme Court ruling.
- The OBC candidates (non-creamy layer) will be required to produce original OBC (Non Creamy Layer) caste certificate issued on or after 1st April 2012 by a competent authority in the prescribed format at the time of counselling/Admission.
Document required in support of claim for reservation under SC, ST and OBC categories:
- The certificate of SC, ST & OBC category is required to be issued by District Magistrate/Additional District Magistrate/Collector/Deputy Commissioner/Additional Deputy Commissioner/Deputy Collector/1st Class Stipendiary Magistrate/City Magistrate/Sub-Divisional Magistrate/Additional Chief Presidency Magistrate/ Presidency Magistrate/Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tehsildar/Sub-Divisional Officer of the area / Administrator/Secretary to Administrator/Development Officer (Lakshadweep Island) where the candidate and/or his/her family normally resides.
- Certificate issued by any other authority will not be accepted.
- Candidates are required to produce the original Caste Certificate along with attested copy at the time of Counselling as well as at the time of admission at the Institute.
Physically Disabled (PD):
- 3% of seats in every category are reserved for Physically Disabled candidates in all Central & State Government Institutes of Hotel Management. For any category of disability (viz. locomotors, visual, dyslexia, speech, and /or hearing) benefit would be given to those who have at least 40% physical impairment.
- The percentage of disability of the candidates will be required to be certified by Chief Medical Officer (CMO), Central Govt. / State Govt./ Municipal Corporation run Hospitals only.
- Such candidates are required to produce the original Medical Certificate both at the time of counselling and at the time of Admission to the Institute.
- In case of any dispute in determining the eligibility under PD category, the decision of the Medical Board to be constituted by the Institute would be final.
Reservation for Kashmiri migrant (Subject to notification from Ministry of HRD for academic session 2013-2014):
One seat (Supernumerary) in each Central and State Government affiliated IHM is provided for Registered Kashmiri Migrants. Such applicants shall have to qualify the JEE-2013. Candidates registered with different State Govt. should produce proof of registration in original at the time of counselling and at the time of admission to the Institutes.
You can download the Medical Certificate format by clicking on the ‘download file’ link given on this page.
Click here to apply
Click here for Important Dates
Click here for eligibility criteria