After Supreme Court of India directive, CBSE has allowed NIOS students to fill NEET UG 2018 application forms with special instructions.
After a directive from the Medical Council of India (MCI) that barred thousands of National Institute of Open Studies (NIOS) students to apply for NEET UG 2018 exam, the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) states that NIOS students who are interested can apply for NEET UG. As per the CBSE, NIOS students who want to apply for NEET UG 2018 can apply through online mode until March 9, 2018 as the registration for the same concludes on this day at (11:50 PM IST)
The announcement came after Supreme Court (SC) of India directive wherein it asked Central Board of School Education (CBSE) to allow NIOS students to apply for NEET UG exam this year. Honouring the court decision, CBBSE has opened the online form with special instructions for NIOS students. However, the eligibility of NIOS students to appear for NEET exam this year is subject to the outcome of the writ petition.
The notice uploaded on the official website of CBSE further states that candidates from NIOS submitting NEET 2018 application forms may submit details as suggested under the information. Now the following candidates can apply for NEET UG:
- Candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC category and persons entitled for reservation under the rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016 and aged above 30 years.
- Those from NIOS schools
- Those who have passed 12th with biology as an additional subject
- Those who have passed as private candidates
As NIOS students were facing problems in filling up the Class 11 details in the NEET UG application form, CBSE has now directed them to submit the details as mentioned below.
- Name of the School/College: Same as that of Class 12th
- Year of Passing: One year before the passing of class 12th
- State where class 11th school/college is located: as of class 12th
- District where class 11th school/college is located: as of class 12th
Currently, NEET UG 2018 application form filling process is on at the official website of CBSE and will remain open until March 9, 2018 (23:50 IST). So candidates who haven’t registered for the NEET exam as of now should hurry up and do it by tomorrow in any case.