Students will now need NEET scores, to apply for the BASLP course at National Institute of Speech and Hearing (NISH).
National Institute of Speech and Hearing (NISH) will conduct admissions to its Bachelor of Audiology and Speech Language Pathology (BASLP) course on the basis of the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) scores starting from this year, 2017-18.
Interested students need to have at least 50% marks in their 10+2 exams (or equivalent). Candidates must also mention their NEET scores along with their application form. The merit list for admissions will be prepared on the basis of NEET score. NEET Result 2017 will be delared on 26 June 2017.
Following are some key points to remember:
- The Rehabilitation Council of India (RCI) has accredited NISH as an Excellent Institution. NISH introduced the BASLP course, after the RCI approval back in 2002, and has been running it since then.
- Those aiming to pursue careers as audiologists and speech therapists will find this course appropriate.
- To apply for BASLP, students must be 10+2 pass or an equivalent examination, with at least 50 per cent marks.
- For candidates belonging to the SC/ST or PwD categories, just passing marks will be eligible.
- Interested students must have physics, chemistry, biology and an optional subject of mathematics/ computer science/ statistics/ electronics/ psychology as their subjects.