NIT Calicut will conclude the registrations for admission to PhD courses in 12 disciplines for the year 2016 on October 24, 2016.
National Institute of Technology (NIT) Calicut will conclude the on-going registrations for admission to Doctorate of Philosophy (PhD) courses offered by 12 departments on October 24, 2016. Aspiring candidates can apply for the institute’s full-time, part-time, external and internal PhD courses for the academic session starting in December 2016.
NIT Calicut is presently offering PhD courses in the following departments –
- Nano Science & Technology
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Civil engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
For Engineering Courses:
- Candidates should hold M.Tech degree in Engineering/ Technology or B.Tech/ B.E. in the relevant department.
- General category candidates with at least 60% aggregate marks/ CGPA 6.5 and SC/ST category candidates with at least 55% aggregate marks or CGPA 6.0 in M.Tech can apply
- Candidates should have a valid GATE score
For Architecture Course:
- Candidates should hold a Masters degree in Architecture/ Planning/ Design/ Technology or equivalent
- General category candidates should have obtained 60% marks in aggregate or CGPA 6.5 and SC/ST category candidates should have secured at least 55% aggregate marks or CGPA 6.0 in both Bachelors and Masters course
Aspiring candidates will have to fill-up the online application forms on the official web portal of NIT Calicut by entering the desired details. Candidates will then have to send the printout of the filled-in application forms to NIT Calicut by post.
Last Date to Apply Online
October 24, 2016
Last Date to Submit Printout of Online Application Forms
October 27, 2016
Date of Test and Interview
November 24 & 25, 2016