Apply for full time Ph.d under Visvesvaraya PhD scheme at NIT Silchar.
National Institute of Technology, Silchar is inviting applications for full-time Ph.D under Department of Electronics and Information Technology (DEITY), MCIT, Govt. scholarship scheme titled “Visvesvaraya PhD scheme”.
This programme is for four years, which entitled the students with:
- Monthly scholarship of INR 22, 500 for first two years and INR 25, 000/- for rest years
- Rent reimbursement up to 20% of scholarship amount paid
- Annual contingency of INR 30, 000
- Financial support for attending international conferences
To apply for the above-mentioned course the candidates must have
- M.E./M.Tech. or equivalent degree in an appropriate area with a minimum CPI of 6.5 (on a 10 point scale) or equivalent (60% of marks). For SC/ST candidates, a minimum CPI of 6.0 (on a 10 point scale) or equivalent (55% of marks).
- B.E./B.Tech. with an excellent academic record and with a CPI of at least 8.0 (on 10 point scale) or equivalent (75% of marks). For graduates from IITs/NITs, the minimum CPI requirement is 7.0 (on 10 point scale). Relaxation of 0.5 CPI or 5% of marks is applicable for the candidates from SC/ST category
The application form must be accompanied with below-mentioned documents:
- Photocopy of marks sheet / Grade card of the secondary, higher secondary board and other university examinations
- Photocopy of GATE/NET score-card (if applicable)
- Photocopy of date of birth certificate
- Photocopy of proper community certificate (SC/ST/OBC) from a competent authority (not below the rank of a Tahsildar), if applicable
- For OBC certificate (creamy layer), it must be issued on or after 1st April 2014
- No-objection certificate from the present employer, if applicable
For more information kindly download the PDF attached here.
Source: Ghufran Alam Siddiqui, HTCampus Specialist
Like us on