NITs Cutoff for B. Tech Mining Engineering

113

NITs Cutoff for B. Tech Mining Engineering varies among states and it is important to know what they are. You will be better prepared for your upcoming entrance exams and will get an idea of the level of competition that exists.

NITs Cutoff for B. Tech Mining Engineering

The National Institutes of Technology (NITs) are considered premier engineering and technology institutes, offering courses at the bachelor, master and doctoral levels. NITs also offer courses in mining engineering, a branch that is not the typical choice for engineering aspirants. However, it has ample scope and presents solid job opportunities for skilled mining engineers who may find employment with big companies like Tata Steel, SAIL, Coal India Ltd., etc. Candidates who are interested in this field can check the information we’ve provided below to learn about the eligibility, required for NITs Cutoff for B. Tech Mining Engineering, and other important details.
 

NITs Cutoff for B. Tech Mining Engineering varies among states and it is important to know what they are. You will be better prepared for your upcoming entrance exams and will get an idea of the level of competition that exists.

NITs Cutoff for B. Tech Mining Engineering 2017

Institute

Quota

Opening Rank

Closing Rank

General Category

NIT Rourkela

OS

20515

25473

NIT, Rourkela

HS

21129

31317

Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology, Nagpur

OS

19165

30392

Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology, Nagpur

HS

23150

33966

NIT Raipur

OS

30023

35711

NIT Raipur

HS

38250

60171

NIT, Surathkal

HS

29128

32608

NIT, Surathkal

OS

11131

22552

OBC- NCL Category

NIT Raipur

OS

8726

10886

NIT Raipur

HS

16931

23728

NIT, Rourkela

OS

6614

9308

NIT, Rourkela

HS

9480

16818

Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology, Nagpur

HS

8947

9801

Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology, Nagpur

OS

7767

9363

NIT Karnataka, Surathkal

OS

5290

6655

NIT Karnataka, Surathkal

HS

14477

16811

SC Category

NIT Raipur

HS

7098

9500

NIT Raipur

OS

5398

6215

Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology, Nagpur

OS

4976

5113

Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology, Nagpur

HS

3241

3574

NIT, Rourkela

HS

4995

6308

NIT, Rourkela

OS

1854

4817

NIT Karnataka, Surathkal

HS

9767

10846

NIT Karnataka, Surathkal

OS

3249

4395

ST Category

Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology, Nagpur

OS

1617

2228

Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology, Nagpur

HS

2673

2673

NIT, Rourkela

OS

817

817

NIT, Rourkela

HS

2463

2463

NIT Karnataka, Surathkal

HS

2597

4815

NIT Karnataka, Surathkal

OS

1857

1944

NIT Raipur

HS

3198

4244

NIT Raipur

OS

2174

2885

 

NITs Cutoff 2015 for B. Tech Mining Engineering

S. No

Institute

State

Other State
Closing Rank (2015)

Home State
Closing Rank (2015)

1.

Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology

Nagpur

27129

33999

2.

National Institute of Technology Karnataka

Surathkal

19652

32047

3.

National Institute of Technology

Raipur

32896

74529

4.

National Institute of Technology

Rourkela

26449

25645

Who Can Apply for B. Tech in Mining Engineering

Aiming to meet the NITs Cutoff for B. Tech Mining Engineering is just one aspect of getting closer to NIT admissions. You need to meet some basic eligibility criteria to attempt applying for B. Tech in mining engineering. It is vital to know what these are to avoid unnecessary complications. Here is a look at them:

• Applicants should have passed their class 12 from a recognized board and should have taken language, physics, and mathematics as compulsory subjects and an optional subject or chemistry, biotechnology, biology or other technical vocational subjects.

• More than 75% marks (65% for SC/ST) should have been secured in the class 12 board examinations. Top 20 percentile holders are eligible to apply.

• Applicants need to have an Aadhaar Card to apply for JEE MainsThose who do not have a card can enroll (free of charge) at Aadhaar Card enrolment centres.

• A provision has been made for applicants from the states of Meghalaya, Assam, and J&K where they can use valid government identity numbers like passport number, bank account number, etc.

What is the Admission Procedure for B. Tech in Mining Engineering?

Prior to 2017, 60% weightage was given to candidates’ performance in JEE Main 2018 and the remaining 40% to their class 12 board exam results. This has changed, however, and board exam marks will no longer be calculated to determine the ranking in JEE Mains from 2017 onwards. However, it will be taken into consideration during allotment of seats so you do need to secure more than 75% marks (65% for SC/ST) in your 12th board in addition to meeting the NITs Cutoff for B. Tech Mining Engineering. 

Compare Colleges

Recommended articles

Leave Your Comments Views or Questions here