Jamia Millia Islamia University (JMI) organised an Orientation Session for the new students of MA (Media Governance) on July 27, 2015
With the advent of academic sessions, the colleges are welcoming its first year students. Jamia Millia Islamia University, New Delhi had also organized an Orientation Programme for MA (Media Governance) on July 27, 2015 at CCMG Video Conference Hall.
Highlights of the Programme:
- Welcome Address by the Director, Prof. Biswajit Das
- Introduction to CCMG- research and other activities
- Faculty/Student self-introduction
- Introduction to the M.A. programme and curricula by Mr. Vibodh Parthasarthi
- Introduction to the time table and class rules by Dr. Saima Saeed
- Briefing on rules and regulations by Dr. Athikho Kaisii
- Vote of Thanks by Dr. Taberez A. Neyazi
- Interaction of the students with the Alumni
The University made arrangements for the lunch after the cessation of the programme.
The Centre for Culture, Media and Governance is one of the best departments of JMI for teaching, research and further studies in the territory of Interdisciplinary Communication Studies in India and South Asia. MA (Media Governance) intends to explore the subjects in the governance of media fields namely, regulatory reform, best practice and legal instruments which will act as a helping hand in shaping media’s integrity, admittance and parity.
Jamia Millia Islamia University (JMIU) is one the best Universities of NCR. It was declared as a ‘deemed to be university’ by University Grants Commission (UGC) in 1962. JMIU acquired a title of ‘Central University of India’ by a Special Act of Parliament in 1988. It offers numerous courses at UG, PG and Doctorate level. The faculties include Humanities & Languages, Education, Natural Sciences, Social Sciences, Engineering & Technology, and Faculty of Law and so on. Besides its nine faculties, the Jamia has a number of centres of learning and research.
Source: Nadeem Rayeen, HT Campus