Post Graduate Programme for Executives for Visionary Leadership by Indian Institute of Management
Application invited for executives for visionary leadership in manufacturing course organised jointly by IIM Calcutta, IIM Kanpur & IIM Madras.Posted by HTCampus Expert on Nov. 27, 2012, 6:05 p.m.
About the Programme
The course has been designed jointly by IIM Calcutta, IIM Kanpur & IIM Madras in consultation with industry, Confederation of Indian Industry (CII), Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA), National Manufacturing Competitiveness Council (NMCC) and Ministry of HRD, Government of India for career development/advancement of Engineers/ executives with work experience, to enhance the competitiveness of Indian manufacturing sector.
Eligibility Criteria for visionary leadership in manufacturing at IIM's
- Graduate engineers with 1st Division
- Self sponsored candidates not in service with a minimum of 4.5 years and maximum of 10 years of work experience in manufacturing, engineeringa nd other related fields
- Sponsored candidates and candidates on study leave with a minimum of 4.5 years of work experience
Candidates can apply online on the official website - programslive.iimcal.ac.in/pgpex-vlm-0
Last date of Application: November 30, 2012
Unique Features of the Programme
- One year full time residential program
- Joint Program of Indian Institute of Management Calcutta (IIMC), Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur (IITK) and Indian Institute of Technology Madras (IITM) in which each partnering institute teach their speciality in management education.
- Selection process involves short listing applicants on the basis of GMAT score, bio-data and essays, a management aptitude test and an interview conducted by the faculty members of 3 institutes and key industry experts.
- 36 weeks of classroom study, which includes lectures, case studies, tutorials, lab sessions, videos, individual and team assignments, guest lecture from Japanese faculty, industry experts and business leaders, totalling to 1057 interaction hours.
- 7 weeks of internship in industry along with 2–3 weeks of industry visit in Japan for studying Best Manufacturing Practices under the aegis of Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA).
- The program has a proper balance of theoretical inputs and practical training to develop a high degree of leadership skill which would enable Indian companies convert manufacturing into a competitive weapon.
- The program introduces courses on Green Manufacturing, SAP ERP, and Breakthrough Management along with ISO9001 Lead Auditor Training.
- The program attracts promising engineers from the manufacturing and allied businesses, who have the potential for top management positions.
- The program aims to develop leadership and management skills, besides providing an impetus to cutting edge technology awareness and proficiency.