Banaras Hindu University has issued Admit Cards for the Research Entrance Test 2015
The admit cards for the Research Entrance Test (RET/ Integrated M. Phil - Ph. D) 2015 has been issued by Banaras Hindu University (BHU). This research programme offered by BHU is applicable for admission only to the following categories for the academic session 2015-16:
- Faculty of Arts in IPR
- AIHC and Architecture
- Faculty of Science candidates need to appear for Botany and Geophysics paper.
The RET 2015 by BHU will have the following range of sections:
- General questions to test the knowledge of the candidates in logical and analytical thinking, quantitative ability, computer awareness, general knowledge, etc.,
- Subject-specific questions, corresponding to the subject of the qualifying degree of the candidate, conforming to the syllabus of UGC/CSIR NET,
- A descriptive question to assess the research-related reasoning and writing skills of the candidate.
Eligibility Criteria for RET exam:
- Applicants will have to procure minimum 30% marks in RET exam
- For SC/ST/PC candidates, qualifying marks shall be 25%
- There shall be negative marking for multiple-choice questions
Important Dates for RET 2015 by BHU
2015 RET exam date: October 13, 2015
Applicants can download the RET 2015 Admit Cards at the official website. (http://bhuonline.in/ )
There is a possibility that each faculty or Groups of Departments will have separate Research Entrance Test (RET). In case, a large number of applications are received by a department, only a limited number of candidates will be called for Research Entrance Test (RET) from the list prepared on the basis of marks (or CGPA) obtained in various pre-qualifying and/or qualifying examinations.