The Inter – Institutional Sports Meet culminated with Founder celebration at Amity Campus
Amity University has organized “Sangathan” 2015 the Inter – Institutional Sports Meet. It was an annual sport events of the amity, which was arranged to promote and support the spirit of sportsmanship and camaraderie amongst students.
The sports event was began with a remarkable and well coordinated March Past by 151 marching contingents comprising of more than 6,000 students from Amity International Schools and Universities. It was the largest ever contingent in the history of Sports Event in any University.
“Sangathan” 2015 also celebrated the birthday of Dr. Ashok K. Chauhan-Founder President, Amity Group and took a great pride & pleasure in hoisting 107 ft tall National Flag. The flag was unfurled by Dr. Ashok K. Chauhan.
The sports event was very successful and more than 15,000 students took participation in various sports events both from India & abroad.
Sports events of the “Sangathan” 2015
- Tug- of war
The occasion was dignified by Dr. Ashok K Chauhan- Founder President, Amity Group, Dr. (Mrs.)Amita Chauhan-Chairperson, Amity International Schools, Dr. Atul Chauhan-Chancellor, Amity University, Uttar Pradesh; Dr. Aseem Chauhan- Chancellor, Amity University, Gurgaon.
During “Sangathan” 2015
- Total 21 events were held for the students in boys and girls category at different campuses.
- Faculty and staff members also took participation in 7 events.
- The sport event had total 855 matches
- Sangathan 2015 witnessed the participation of 350 Students and 90 faculty members in the Vintage Games.
The winners were awarded with Gold, Silver and Bronze medals and Trophies.
Winners of the During “Sangathan” 2015
- The team of Amity Law School, Noida lifted the Winners’ Trophy with 17 Gold Medals, 17 Silver Medals and 9 Bronze Medals in their kitty.
- Amity School of Engineering and Technology bagged the Second Position with 8 Gold medals, 10 Silver and 13 Bronze medals
- Team of Amity School of Fashion Technology, Amity School of Telecom Engineering and Management, Amity Institute of Space Science and Technology and Amity Institute of Nuclear Science and Technology secured jointly third Position with 9 Gold Medals, 3 Silver Medals and 1 Bronze Medal.
Source: Gourav Chandra Upadhayay, HT Campus Specialist