Staff Selection Commission is holding a competitive examination for selection of Assistant Grade III in Food Corporation of India for five zones. Interested candidates can apply for the posts…
About SSC FCI Recruitment:
Staff Selection Commission (SSC) holds examination for recruitment to category III posts in Food Corporation of India’s (FCI) General (Post code-A), Depot (Post code-B), Technical (Post code-C) and Account Cadres (Post code-D). FCI deals with food grain supply chain management will recruit candidates for North, South, East, West and North East zones offering a pay scale of Rs 9300-22940.
SSC is holding the competitive examination for 6545 vacancies under a special dispensation given by the Government of India. The candidates selected through the SSC examination process will NOT have the stats of Central Government Civilian Employees. Also, they will not be eligible for benefit of age relaxation etc acceptable to other recruitments made by SSC for Central Government.
Interested candidates can apply for the combined recruitment examination for SSC FCI assistant III grade recruitment examination before the last date.
Number of vacancies in each zone for SSC FCI Assistant Grade III:
- FCI North zone: 3023
- FCI East zone: 753
- FCI South zone: 1659
- FCI West zone: 869
- FCI North East zone: 241
Eligibility for recruitment to SSC FCI:
- For AG-III (General): A candidate should have a graduate Degree in any discipline from a recognised University with proficiency in use of computers.
- For AG-III (Accounts): An applicant need to complete Bachelor of Commerce from a recognised University with proficiency in use of computers.
- For AG-III (Technical): B.Sc. in Agriculture from a recognised University Or B.Sc. with Botany/Zoology/Bio-Technology/Bio-Chemistry/Microbiology/Food Science Or B.Tech./BE in Food Science/Food Science & Technology/Agricultural Engineering/Bio-Technology from a recognised University/an institution approved by AICTE with proficiency in Computers.
- For AG-III (Depot): Graduate Degree in any discipline from a recognized University with proficiency in use of computers.
- Candidates willing to apply to the posts mentioned should not be more than 27 years old as on 1st August 2012.
Selection procedure for SSC FCI Assistant Grade III:
- The written examination is followed by a Computer Proficiency Test (CPT) for General, Depot, Accounts and Technical Cadres.
- The examination consists of two papers Paper-I and Paper-II for Post Codes A, B and D for General, Depot and Accounts Cadres.
- Paper-I and Paper-III will be conducted for candidates applying for Post Code C for (Technical Cadre).
- Final selection will be done on the basis of marks secured by candidates in Paper I and II (200 and 200 marks) for Post Codes A, B and D and will be on the basis of marks secured by the candidates in Paper I and III (200 and 200 marks) for Post Code C.
- All question papers will have objective type Multiple Choice questions.
- There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer.
Syllabus for SSC FCI Assistant Grade III examination:
- For Paper-I (post codes A, B, C, and D) candidate will solve paper for General Intelligence, General Awareness, Quantitative Aptitude (Basic Arithmetic skills) and Basic English knowledge.
- For Paper-II, the candidates should prepare for Quantitative Methods and English Language & Comprehension.
- Candidates who will be appearing for Paper-III (Post code-C) should prepare for Botany, Zoology, Bio-technology, Bio-chemistry, Microbiology, Food Science & Technology, Agriculture and Agriculture Engineering.
Application procedure for SSC FCI Assistant Grade III examination:
- Interested candidates need to apply on-line only.
- The candidates need to apply in two parts.
- For filling the Part I of the application form click here.
- For filling Part II of the application form click here.
- Candidates may pay the application fee of Rs. 200/- (Rupees Two Hundred) only through State Bank of India SBI either in the form of Challan or net banking.
Important dates for SSC FCI Assistant Grade III examination:
- Last date of sending in application form: 21st September 2012
- Last Date of sending application form: 28th September 2012 for candidates residing in Assam, Meghalaya, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Manipur, Nagaland, Tripura, Sikkim, Jammu and Kashmir, Lahaul and Spiti District and Pangi Sub Division of Chamba District of Himachal Pradesh, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep and for candidates residing abroad.
- Date of Examination: 11th November 2012