SSC Recruitment for Data Entry Operator and Lower Division Clerk commenced from July 14, 2012
Staff Selection Commission will conduct the common examination for Data Entry Operator and Lower Division Clerk in the month of October.Posted by alka singh on July 25, 2012, 2:26 p.m.
About Staff Selection Commission:
Staff Selection Commission or SSC is responsible for making recruitment to Group C (non-technical) and Group B (non-gazetted- both technical and non-technical) posts in various departments of Government of India, its attached and subordinate offices. The commission does not make recruitment for Railway Recruitment Board and Industrial Establishments.
SSC conducts examination for various posts which are graduate level assistants, auditors/junior accountants/upper division clerks, divisional accountants, inspector of income tax/central excise, sub-inspectors in Central Police Organization (CRPF, CISF, BSF, ITBP and SSB) and CBI, Section Officer (Commercial) and Section Officer (audit). The commission also holds examination for Matric level stenographer Grade C, stenographer Grade D and Lower Division Clerks. Direct interviews are held for some posts of section officers, after inviting application through advertisement in newspapers.
SSC will be conducting the combined higher secondary level examination for the post of Data Entry Operator and Lower Division Clerk Exam 2012 in the month of October and the last date of applying for the same is August 10, 2012. The details have been mentioned below.
- The combined examination for the post of Data Entry Operator and Lower Division Clerk is one of the biggest recruitment processes which are held every year, the eligibility criteria for the same is:
- All candidates should have 10+2 as the minimum required qualification.
- A candidate must be of minimum 18 years and maximum 27 years as on August 1, 2012 to appear for the examination.
- The age limit is relaxed by 5 years for SC/ST candidates; 3 years for OBC candidates (if they are eligible for reservation); 10 years for physically handicapped; 13 years for physically handicapped OBC candidate and 15 years for physically handicapped SC/ST candidate.
- For ex-servicemen (unreserved/general) the age limit is relaxed for 3 years after deduction of the military service rendered from the actual age as on the crucial date.
- The age limit is relaxed by 6 years for ex-servicemen (OBC) after deduction of the military service rendered from the actual age as on the completion of date of skill test.
- The age limit is relaxed by 8 years for ex-servicemen (SC/ST) after deduction of the military service rendered from the actual age as on the closing date.
- For central government civilian employees who have rendered not less than 3 years regular and continuous service as on closing date the age limit is up to 40 years for general unreserved category; 43 years for OBC candidate and 45 years for SC/ST candidate.
- Candidates who have been domiciled in the state of Jammu and Kashmir the age limit has been relaxed by 5 years for unreserved/general candidates; 8 years for OBC candidates and 10 years for SC/ST candidates.
- For widows/divorced/women judicially separated and who are not remarried the age limit is up to 35 years for unreserved/general candidates; up to 38 years for OBC candidates and up to 40 years for SC/ST candidates.
- For Defence personnel disabled in operation during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof the age limit is relaxed by 3 years for unreserved/general candidates; 6 years for OBC candidates and 8 years for SC/ST candidates.
- For Service clerks in the last years of their colour service in the armed forces the age limit is up to 45 years for unreserved/general candidates; up to 48 years for OBC candidates and up to 50 years for SC/ST candidates.
- For Retrenched census employees of office of Registrar General of India (RGI) the age limit is relaxed up to 3 years plus length of service rendered by them in connection with census before retrenchment and weightage of past service for unreserved/general candidates; 3 years plus length of service rendered by them in connection with census before retrenchment and weightage of past service for OBC candidates and 5 years plus length of service rendered by them in connection with census before retrenchment and weightage of past service for SC/ST candidates. They will be considered only for the offices under RGI in their order of merit and availability of vacancies.
- Candidates with less than 40% disability will not be considered under the Physically Disabled category.
Application Procedure for SSC 2012:
Aspirants seeking recruitment through SSC examination need to apply either online or offline. The fee for the form is Rs 100 for unreserved, general or OBC category while SC/ST/PWD aspirants are exempted from paying the fee.
Online Application for SSC 2012:
Applicants who want to apply online need to deposit fee through SBI or State Bank of India’s net-banking. Applicant has to submit the online form on the official website of Staff Selection Commission.
Offline Application for SSC 2012:
For those who want to apply offline, the fee should be deposited in the form for “Central Recruitment Fee Stamps (CRFS)”only. This is available at all departmental Postal Offices.
Exam Pattern of SSC 2012:
The examination will consist of written examination and skill test for the candidates.
- The written examination will consist of one objective paper with multiple choice questions.
- The paper will have general intelligence for 50 marks with 50 questions.
- English Language (basic knowledge) for 50 marks with 50 questions.
- Quantitative aptitude (basic arithmetic skills) for 50 marks with 50 questions.
- General Awareness for 50 marks with 50 questions.
- There will be negative marking of 0.25 for each wrong answer.
- Data entry speed of 8000 key depressions per hour on computer.
- Typing test for LDCs will be conducted if they will clear the written examination.
The candidates who will clear the written examination will be invited for skill test/typing test.
- Online registration for DEO and LDC posts began from July 14, 2012.
- Last date for submission of application (Part-I): August 8, 2012.
- Last date for submission of application (Part-II): August 10, 2012.
- If you are from a distant area, then your application will be accepted till August 17, 2012.
- All over written examination will be conducted on October 21, 2012 and October 28, 2012.
Regional Director (CR)
Staff Selection Commission
8 A-B, Beli Road, Allahabad-211002
Fax: 0532 – 2641924