Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test (TANCET) offers admission in MCA (Masters in Computer Application) for 2013.
Eligibility Requirements for MCA:
A pass in a recognised Bachelor’s degree of minimum 3 years duration with mathematics at 10+2 level or at Graduate level and obtained at least 50% (45 % in the case of candidates belonging to reserved category) in the qualifying degree examinations.
- 10 + 2 years H.Sc. + 3/4 Years bachelor’s degree
- 10 + 3 Years diploma + 3 Years bachelor’s degree
Candidates with section ‘A’ & ‘B’ certificates and other similar certificate of professional bodies or societies (e.g. A.M.I.E.) recognised by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Govt. of India is considered to be equivalent to B.E. / B.Tech. Degree holders only with 2 Years regular full time Teaching experience / Industrial experience in the relevant field after successful completion of the course including project work.
- 10 + 2 years H.Sc. + AMIE (with 2 years experience)
- 10 + 3 Years diploma (awarded by the State Board of Technical Education) + AMIE (with 2 years experience)
MCA (Lateral Entry):
A pass in a recognised Bachelor’s degree of minimum 3 years duration in BCA, B.Sc. (Information Technology / Computer Science) with mathematics as a course at 10+2 level or at Graduate level and obtained at least 50% (45 % in the case of candidates belonging to reserved category) in the qualifying degree examinations.
- 10+2 years + 3 years bachelor’s degree
- Candidates admitted through Lateral Entry in degree courses are not eligible except, B.E./B.Tech. and MCA# degree courses.
- Candidates with B.E./B.Tech. degrees obtained through Distance mode/Week end courses are not eligible.
- Candidates with MCA/M.Sc. degree obtained through week end courses are not eligible.
- Candidates with degree obtained without studying 10th, 12th Std. or 3 years diploma and 3 years degree programme are not eligible.
- Candidates appearing for the final semester / year examination of the said qualifying degree course except AMIE during April / May 2013 may also apply for TANCET 2013.
DATE AND TIME OF ENTRANCE TEST:
M.C.A. - 6th April 2013(Saturday) 02.30 p.m. to 04.30 p.m.