Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test (TANCET) offers admission in MCA (Masters in Computer Application) for 2013.
TANCET (Tamilnadu common entrance test) 2013 will be conducted by Anna University, Chennai. It is an invite to eligible student to apply for the TANCET 2013 on its official website.
Eligibility Requirements for MCA:
A pass in a recognised Bachelor’s degree of minimum 3 years duration with mathematics at 10+2 level or at Graduate level and obtained at least 50% (45 % in the case of candidates belonging to reserved category) in the qualifying degree examinations.
- 10 + 2 years H.Sc. + 3/4 Years bachelor’s degree
- 10 + 3 Years diploma + 3 Years bachelor’s degree
Candidates with section ‘A’ & ‘B’ certificates and other similar certificate of professional bodies or societies (e.g. A.M.I.E.) recognised by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Govt. of India is considered to be equivalent to B.E. / B.Tech. Degree holders only with 2 Years regular full time Teaching experience / Industrial experience in the relevant field after successful completion of the course including project work.
- 10 + 2 years H.Sc. + AMIE (with 2 years experience)
- 10 + 3 Years diploma (awarded by the State Board of Technical Education) + AMIE (with 2 years experience)
MCA (Lateral Entry):
A pass in a recognised Bachelor’s degree of minimum 3 years duration in BCA, B.Sc. (Information Technology / Computer Science) with mathematics as a course at 10+2 level or at Graduate level and obtained at least 50% (45 % in the case of candidates belonging to reserved category) in the qualifying degree examinations.
- 10+2 years + 3 years bachelor’s degree
- Candidates admitted through Lateral Entry in degree courses are not eligible except, B.E./B.Tech. and MCA# degree courses.
- Candidates with B.E./B.Tech. degrees obtained through Distance mode/Week end courses are not eligible.
- Candidates with MCA/M.Sc. degree obtained through week end courses are not eligible.
- Candidates with degree obtained without studying 10th, 12th Std. or 3 years diploma and 3 years degree programme are not eligible.
- Candidates appearing for the final semester / year examination of the said qualifying degree course except AMIE during April / May 2013 may also apply for TANCET 2013.
DATE AND TIME OF ENTRANCE TEST:
M.C.A. - 6th April 2013(Saturday) 02.30 p.m. to 04.30 p.m.