TANCET 2017 Syllabus for candidates appearing for March 2017 examination is provided here.
TANCET 2017 Syllabus – Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test (TANCET) is a one of the most anticipated entrance examinations in the state of Tamil Nadu for admissions to postgraduate courses including MBA, MCA, M.Tech, M.Arch, ME and M.Plan. Conducted by Anna University, Chennai, this examination enables students to grab a seat in various self-financed colleges, government colleges, university-aided and university departments across the state of Tamil Nadu.
TANCET for the year 2017 is scheduled to be conducted on 25th and 26th March 2017. The registrations for the exam have begun and will conclude on 28th february 2017.
TANCET 2017 Syllabus:
Since TANCET is conducted for three different disciplines, separate question paper will be given to candidates applying for the course of MBA, MCA and M.Tech/ M.Plan/ME /M.Tech. All candidates can check the syllabus for the exam below –
For MBA/ MCA:
- Verbal Ability includes topics like Reading Comprehension, Grammar, Idioms & Phrases, Synonyms & Antonyms, Vocabulary, etc.
- Quantitative Aptitude will consist of topics including Trigonometry, Algebra, Probability, Permutations & Combinations, etc.
- Data Interpretation section will have questions based on Bar Graphs, Pie Charts, Line Graphs, Problems based on Equivalence, etc
- Analytical/ Logical Reasoning section will contain questions on Coding-Decoding, Series, Syllogism, Direction Sitting Arrangement, Blood Relation Analogy, etc
- Computer Awareness section will consist of questions testing the candidate’s general awareness about computers, computer language and internet.
For ME/ M.Plan/ M.Tech/ M.Arch:
- Engineering Mathematics will consist of questions on Vector Calculus, Transforms, Applied Probability, Matrices & Determinants, Differential Equations, Integration, etc.
- Basic Engineering & Sciences will have questions on Applied Mechanics, Physics, Electrical Engineering, Material Science, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, etc.
- Specialization Specific Paper may have questions on Civil Engineering & Geo-Informatics, Mechanical, Automobile & Aeronautical Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Electrical & Electronics Engineering and Instrumentation Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, Information Technology, etc.