Thunchath Ezhuthachan Malayalam University has inaugurated Centre for Malayalam Language Technology to promote digitalisation.
Thunchath Ezhuthachan Malayalam University recently has inaugurated Centre for Malayalam Language Technology. The Centre was inaugurated by Dr. Girish Nath Jha, Professor of Computational Linguistics at School of Language, Literature and Culture, Jawahar Lal Nehru University.
The inauguration event was presided by Vice Chancellor K Jayakumar Prof C.V. Jawahar of IIIT Hyderabad gave the keynote address. The Centre is a part of University's efforts to promote digitization of Malayalam language, which includes initiatives like development of digital lexicon, digital library and various language apps. Prof Prabodhachandran Nair released online Swanasanchayam, a set of linguistic tools.
About the University:
Founded in the year 2012, Thunchath Ezhuthachan Malayalam University is a public university in Kerala.
- MA Journalism & Mass Communication
- MA Language Studies
- MA Malayalam Literature Studies
- MA Creative Writing
- MA Heritage and Culture Studies
- Entertainment and Cyber Media Studies
- Writing for Television and TV presentation
- Advertising and copywriting
- Translation and Malayalam for media
- Script writing and videography
- Communicative English and communicative Malayalam
Source: Aparna Girli Babu, HTCampus Specialist
Also on HTCampus.com
Like us on