Training program is providing a platform for academicians and research scholars for sharing of views at BITS Pilani, Hyderabad
A Training programme is taking place at the Birla Institute of Technology & Science (BITS ) on the subject of “Urban Flood Management: Technology Driven Solutions”. The two-day training programme is starting from today November 20, 2015 and ending on November 21, 2015. The training programme includes following things:-
- Introduction to Urban Flood Management: Past, Present and Future
- Flood Modelling and Probability Assessment
- Urban Flood Risk Assessment & Mapping
- Flood Resilience
- Case Studies
- Hands on session
The programme will organise by the Centre of Excellence in Water Resources Management and sponsoring by IT Research Academy (ITRA), National Programme initiated by Department of Electronics and Information Technology (DeitY), Ministry of Communications and Information Technology (MCIT), Government of India.
Aim of the training programme
- Finding new ways to increase the gap between research and action
- Bringing researchers and academician and field specialist together for working in water resources and allied fields
- The Training programme is providing a stage for academicians and research scholars for sharing their views and knowledge in the urban flood management.
- Understand the challenges for applying hydrological modelling into the field problems
- Hands on experience on latest hydrological modelling software
Birla Institute of Technology & Science Pilani, Hyderabad has begun its academic activity from August 2008 with varied specializations. The campus of the BITS is is located in Jawaharnagar, Shameerpet Mandal on Karimnagar Highway, Hyderabad, Rangareddy District, Telangana State. BITS, Pilani is one of India’s top technical and science universities established under Sec. 3 of the UGC act. The campus of the BITS, Pilani, Hyderabad campus is fully residential, housing over 3200 students, around 170 faculty members and 160 technical and support staff. The mission of the college is to impart world class knowledge in the field of science & technology.
Source: Aayush Agarwal, HT Campus Specialist