Check all details on TS CET 2018 paper pattern here. Know the exam duration, number of sections and questions to be asked and more here.
TS ICET 2018 exam pattern – Kakatiya University has announced the test pattern of TS ICET 2018 along with the exam notification. It is important for the candidates writing this entrance test to be familiar with the pattern and syllabus of the exam, before they begin with their preparations. TS ICET 2018 will be held on 23 and 24 May 18, 2018. It is a computer based test (CBT). No changes have been made to the TS ICET 2018 test pattern, the last year’s pattern is being followed this year too. Total 200 objective type questions divided among 3 sections will be asked in the exam. Telangana ICET has been designed to measure the candidate's ability to think logically and to assess his/her aptitude for admission into MBA/MCA programme.
Having an understanding of the TS ICET exam pattern 2018 will give the candidates an idea about the mode of exam, number of sections from which the questions will be asked, number of questions to be asked in the exam and much more. Keep reading this article for complete details on TS ICET paper pattern 2018.
TS ICET 2018 Exam Pattern
Telangana State Integrated Common Entrance Test 2018 (TS ICET) is a state level management entrance test. This exam is conducted every year for admission to regular MBA and other postgraduate management courses offered by Colleges/Universities of the Telangana state affiliated to Telangana State Council for Higher Education (TSCHE). TS ICET aims to analyze the ability of the candidates to think systematically and to assess their basic aptitude needed for pursuing an MBA program.
Some of the facets of TS ICET 2018 Exam Pattern are as follow –
- Mode of the exam – Computer Based Test (CBT)
- Duration of the exam – 150 minutes (2 hours 30 minutes)
- No. of Questions – There will be total 200 questions in the paper
- No. of Sections – Broadly 3
- Language of the exam – English only for Section-C. English & Telugu for Section-A & Section-B of the question paper
- Type – Objective type test. Out of the given options, the candidate has to choose the correct answer. If the candidate gives more than one answer to any question, such answers will be ignored while awarding marks.
TS ICET Exam Pattern 2018 – Tabular Representation
For details on the number of questions and sections, the TS ICET 2018 aspirants can check the table given below. However, they can practice from the TS ICET sample papers for having more clarity on the test pattern. Also, the candidates can refer to the TS ICET previous year question papers to have an idea about the kinds of questions which are asked in the test and also practice them well to enhance their preparation.
No. of Questions
Section A – Analytical Ability
1. Data Sufficiency
Section B – Mathematical Ability
1. Arithmetical Ability
Section C – Communication Ability
TS ICET Paper Pattern 2018 – Details of the Sections
All the above-mentioned 3 sections have been detailed here below.
1. Section A – Analytical Ability
This section will have questions from data sufficiency and problem solving. Questions from sequences and series, data analysis, coding and decoding problems and date, time & arrangement problems will be asked from the problem solving sections. However, in data sufficiency questions, the data will be given in the form of statements and the candidates will have to mark the correct answer on its basis.
2. Section B – Mathematical Ability
Here, the questions will be asked to assess the arithmetical, algebraical and geometrical and statistical ability of the candidates.
3. Section C – Communication Ability
In this section, the candidates will be assessed on the ability to identify vocabulary used in day-to-day communication, understand the functional use of grammar in day-to-day communication as well as in business contexts. Identifying the basic terminology and concepts in computer and business contexts (letters, reports, memoranda, agenda, minutes etc.) and understanding the written text and drawing inferences.
Click Here to Take Official TS ICET 2018 Mock Test
TS ICET 2018 Exam Pattern – Marking Scheme
Along with the exam pattern, it is imperative to know the marking scheme as it will help the candidates to plan strategically for the day of the exam. Below is the TS ICET 2018 marking scheme -
1. The total mark of the test is 200, wherein section A & B will carry 75 marks while section C will carry 50 marks.
2. 1 mark each will be awarded for marking a correct answer.
3. No negative marking is applicable and no mark will be deducted for leaving a question blank. However, if the candidate gives more than one answer to any question, such answers will be ignored while awarding marks.
4. The qualifying percentage of marks in TS ICET 2018 for candidates belonging to non-reserved categories is 25% (i.e. 50 marks out of total 200 marks).
5. There are no qualifying marks available for SC/ST candidates.
TS ICET 2018 Paper Pattern – Syllabus of Exam
Along with the exam pattern of TS ICET 2018, it is imperative for the candidates to know the syllabus of the exam too. Kakatiya University has officially announced the TS ICET 2018 syllabus. The candidates preparing for this exam can check the syllabus for each here below and also refer to the pdf file given in an online window below. They must prepare according to this syllabus keeping in mind the pattern of the exam.
The section-wise details of the syllabus of TS ICET 2018 are as follows -
TSICET 2018 Syllabus for Analytical Ability
- Data Sufficiency
- Problem Solving
- Sequence and Series
- Data Analysis
- Coding and Decoding Problems
- Date, Time and Arrangement Problems
Syllabus of Telangana ICET 2018 for Mathematical Ability
- Law of Indices
- Ration and Proportion
- Number System
- L.C.M and H.C.F
- Rational Numbers
- Profit and Loss
- Time and Distance
- Algebra and Geometry Ability
- Truth Tables
- Implication converse and Implication
- Relation and Function
- Linear Equations and Expressions
- Linear equations and expressions
- Statistical Ability
- Frequency Distributions
- Mean, Median & Mode
- Standard Deviations
- Simple Problem on Probability
Syllabus of TS ICET 2018 for Communication Ability
- Basic and Computer Terminology
- Functional Grammar
- Reading Comprehensions (3 Passages)
Check Official TS ICET 2018 Syllabus Here
About TS ICET 2018
The interested candidates meeting the eligibility criteria can register for the exam now. The online registration process commenced on 6 March and the last date to submit the TS ICET 2018 application form without the late payment fee is 30 April 2018. However, with late fee fine of INR. 10000, the candidates can last apply for the exam till 19 May 2018.
TS ICET 2018 admit card will be issued only to the registered candidates on 7 May, 2018. No candidate will be allowed to sit for the test, if they will fail to produce the valid hall ticket. Result of TS ICET 2018 along with the final answer keys will be made available on 6 June 2018.