Govind Ballabh Pant University of Agriculture and Technology announced the admission to Undergraduate, Post Graduate and PhD programmes for academic session starting in 2017 in the month of February.
G.B. Pant University of Agriculture and Technology, Pantnagar (GBPUAT) is established to offer education especially to rural people of Uttar Pradesh in various disciplines like Rural Industry, Agriculture, Home Science, Rural Business, Veterinary, Fishery, Computer Science Application and other allied sciences.
G.B. Pant University of Agriculture and Technology, Pantnagar invited applications for the entrance exam for admission to Undergraduate, Master’s and PhD courses for the academic session starting in 2017, from February 20 to April 30, 2017.
G.B. Pant University of Agriculture and Technology, Pantnagar announces admission to following courses:
Eligibility for Entrance Exam by GBPUAT
The eligibility criterion for different courses is as follows:
Eligibility for PhD Programmes
- You should have Master Degree in the related field with an OGPA not less than 6.500/ 10.000/ or 4.000 / 5.000 or I Division in the case of the universities where these Scales are not applicable.
- You should have an OPGA not less than 6.000/ 10.000/ or 3.000/ 5.000 or 55% aggregate marks in Bachelor’s Degree.
Eligibility for Master’s Programme
- You should have Bachelor Degree in related field with an OGPA not less than 6.000/ 10.000/ or 3.000/5.000 or 55% marks in aggregate in case of the universities where these scales are not applicable.
Eligibility for M.Tech
- You should have a qualified GATE score
- You should have secured at least an OGPA of not less than 6.000/ 10.000 / 3.000 / 5.000 or 55% marks in aggregate in case of the institutions/ Universities where these scales are not applicable in B.Tech.
- If you are a student outside Uttar Pradesh, you have to appear for Entrance Examination conducted by Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) to seek admission in M.Tech. in Agricultural Engineering.
Eligibility for B.Sc (Agriculture), B.Sc (Food Technology)
- You should have passed Intermediate Agriculture / Science with Mathematics or Biology or equivalent examination
Eligibility for B.Vc. & AH
- You should have passed Intermediate Science with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English or equivalent examination with minimum of 50% marks for general category and 40% for reserved categories (OBC/ SC/ ST) in aggregate in the subject of Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English
Eligibility for B.F.Sc
- You should have passed Intermediate Science with Biology / Agriculture or equivalent examination
Eligibility for B.Sc (Home Science)
- You should have passed Intermediate Science with Mathematics or Biology
Application Procedure for Entrance Exam by GBPUAT
- You can obtain the prospectus and application form for Entrance Exam by G.B. Pant University of Agriculture and Technology by sending written request along with a crossed bank draft of Rs.200/- drawn in favour of PEECRF A/C, G.B.Pant University Agriculture & Technology Pantnagar payable at S.B.I / U.C.O Bank / PNB, Pantnagar accompanied by 30x25cm size self-addressed stamped envelope bearing postage stamps worth Rs -19/- by ordinary post and Rs.36/- by registered post to
G. B. Pant University Agriculture & Technology,
Pant Nagar - 263145,
Distt - Udham Singh Nagar (Uttarakhand)
- You can also obtain prospectus and application forms for Entrance Exam by G.B. Pant University of Agriculture and Technology with a late fee of Rs.200/- from admission cell of the University.
- You can also obtain prospectus and application forms for Entrance Exam by G.B. Pant University of Agriculture and Technology from Designated Post Offices against cash payment of Rs.200/- (Rs.40/- handling charges).
- The designated Post Offices are Almora, Ranikhet, Bageshwar, Dwarahat, Syiade, Gopeshwar, Joshimath, Karnprayag, Rudraprayag, Dehradun, Roorkee, Haridwar, Rishikesh, Nainital, Pantnagar, Rudrapur, Kashipur, Ramnagar, Haldwani, Kichha, Khatima, Pauri, Lansdown, Kotdwar, Srinagar, Garhwal, Pithoragarh, Champawat,Dharchula, Lohaghat, Didighat, Chamba, New Tehri, Narendra Nagar, Uttarkashi, Lucknow GPO and Delhi GPO .
Important Dates for Entrance Exam by GBPUAT
- Last Date to receive prospectus & application form – March 31, 2017
- Last Date to receive prospectus & application form with late fee – April 8, 2017
- Date of Entrance Exam for Undergraduate courses – June 4, 2017
- Date of Entrance Exam for MCA – June 3, 2017
- Date of Entrance Exam for PhD and Masters courses – June 3, 2017
The Coordinator (Admission),
G.B. Pant University of Agriculture and Technology,
Pantnagar - 263145,
Phone No. - +91-5944-233407, 5944-233640
Fax - +91-5944-233473
E-mail - registrar@gbpuat[dot]ernet.in
Website - www.gbpuat.ac.in
Career After MCA
Career Opportunities of MCA
Engineering Career Options
How to get into Agriculture