University of Delhi will organise an international conference on ‘The Lagacy of Srinivasa Ramanujan’ from December 17 to December 22, 2012 at Convocation hall, Viceregal Lodge, University of Delhi.Posted by Sunil Gogna on Dec. 11, 2012, 5:29 p.m.
The Prime Minister of India, Dr. Manmohan Singh has declared the year 2012 as the “National Mathematics Year” and the date December 22, being the birthday of Srinivasa Ramanujan has been declared as the National Mathematics Day.
The international conference “The Legacy of Srinivas Ramanujan” will be organized by the University of Delhi in Delhi from December 17 to December 22, 2012 at Convocation hall, Viceregal Lodge, University of Delhi where mathematicians from different parts of the world shall be giving lectures and participating. This international conference is a tribute to Shrinivasa Ramanujan’s intelligence and an opportunity to chart the journey he made possible.
The structure of the conference will be as follows:
• 15 Plenary talks: 50 minutes each (by invitation)
• 25 Sectional talks: 40-minutes each (by invitation)
• Paper-reading sessions: 15-minute each paper. (Manuscripts for 15-minute presentations may be submitted on-line at the web address provided. Submissions by 1 October 2012 will be considered by the Scientific Committee).
The conference will be supported by:
• National Board for Higher Mathematics.
• Department of Science and Technology
• University of Delhi.
• Ramanujan Mathematical Society.
• Shanmugha Arts, Science, Technology and Research Academy (SASTRA).
For more details, please visit the official website (Legacyoframanujan.Com)
Source: Sumitlakra, Campus Specialist, Delhi University
International Conference on Light-Cone Physics by University of Delhi
University of Delhi organises ‘Techniques for Endocrine Research’ in Dec 2012
National Level Workshop on Research Methodology at University of Delhi