The Civil Services 2016 application form is now available. Candidates can visit the official website to download it.
The application form for the Civil Services examination 2016 is now available for download. The form can be filled from 27th April 2016 to the noon of 27th May 2016 after which, the link will be disabled. Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) will hold the Preliminary Examination of the Civil Services on 7th August, 2016. The examination will be held across 72 cities in India. Candidates can apply for the Indian Administrative Services (IAS), Indian Foreign Services (IFS), Indian Police Services (IPS) etc. through this form.
Candidates applying for the Civil Services Examination 2016 must duly fill up the form and submit it before the specified time. Aspirants are advised to read all the details of the application procedure, available on the official website of UPSC, before submitting the form.
The following steps are necessary for filling up the application form:
- The candidate should fill up the form within the specified dates.
- The application form is divided into Part-1 and Part-2.
- In Part-1, candidates have to fill in the basic information. On submission of details, the candidate will be prompted to check the details and make corrections, if any, in the application.
- Part 2 requires filling up of Payment details (except for fee exempted candidates), selection of examination centre, uploading of a photograph, signature and agreeing to the declaration.
- The scanned photograph and signature of the candidate should be in the JPG format.
- The digital size of the photograph must be less than 40 kb and greater than 3 kb and the resolution must be 140 pixels in height by 110 pixels in width.
- The digital size of the signature must be less than 40kb and greater than 1kb and the resolution should be 110 pixels in height by 140 pixels in width.
- After filling up the form, the candidate must press ‘I Agree’ button. This action will create a page with the Registration No.
- Note down the registration number or take a print out of the page.
- The payment of the application can be made in three ways – via SBI online net banking, cash through SBI bank challan or via debit/credit card.
The application fee is INR 100. Female candidates, SC, ST and physically handicapped candidates are exempted from the fee. No fee exemption is, however, applicable to OBC candidates and they are required to pay the prescribed fee in full.
The candidates who successfully clear the preliminary examination will be required to fill the application form for Civil Services Main examination, which will be announced later.