CDS (I) 2013 exam being conducted by UPSC on 17th Feb 2013 to recruit officers for the Army, Navy and Air Force.
About CDS Exam
The UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) conducts the CDS examination (Combined Defence Services) to recruit officers for the Army, Navy and Air Force.
CDS is conducted twice a year. Once in February (CDS I) and once in September (CDS II).
If you clear the written test, you will be interviewed by the Service Selection Board(SSB) and if selected you would be sent to the Indian Military Academy(IMA), the Indian Naval Academy or the Air Force Academy as well as the and Officers Training Academy(OTA), Chennai for your orientation training.
Those joining the first three institutes get permanent commission while cadets passing out of OTA, Chennai get short service commission. You have to mention your preferences while filling up the application forms.
A Combined Defence Services (CDS) Examination will be conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) on 17th February 2013 for admission to the following courses:
Courses & Seats Available
Indian Military Academy, Dehradun: 250 seats [including 32 vacancies reserved for NCC ‘C’ Certificate (Army Wing) holders].
136th Course commencing in January, 2014
- Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala : 40 seats (2 for Hydro,38 for Executive-General Service) ) (including 6 vacancies reserved for NCC 'C' Certificate holders (Naval Wing). Course commencing in January 2014.
Air Force Academy, Hyderabad: 32 seats
(Pre-Flying) Training Course i.e. No.195th F(P) Course commencing in January, 2014
Officers Training Academy, Chennai: 175 seats
99th SSC Course (for Men) commencing in April,2014.
Officers Training Academy, Chennai: 30 seats
13th SSC Women (NonTechnical) Course commencing in April, 2014
Eligibility Criteria for CDS (I) 2013 Exam
- For IMA /OTA : A degree from a recognized University or equivalent.
- For Naval Academy: B.Sc. with Physics and/or Mathematics or Bachelor of Engineering.
- For Air Force Academy: B.Sc. of a recognized University or equivalent with Physics and/or Mathematics as subjects or Bachelor of Engineering
- For IMA: Unmarried male candidates between 19-24 years on 1st January or 1st July of the year succeeding the year of examination.
- For Naval Academy: Unmarried male candidates between 19-22 years on 1st January or 1st July of the year succeeding; the year of examination.
- For Air Force Academy: Unmarried male candidates between 19-23 years on 1st January or 1st July of the year succeeding the year of examination.
- For Officers Training Academy: Male candidates (married or unmarried) between 19-25 years on 1st January or 1st July of the year succeeding the year of examination.
Important Dates for CDS (I) 2013
Online Applications for CDS (I) 2013: 10th Nov - 10th Dec 2012
Exam Date: 17th Feb 2013
Fees for CDS (I) 2013 Exam
Candidates (excepting Female/SC/ST candidates who are exempted from payment of fee) are required to pay a fee of Rs. 200/- (Rupees Two Hundred Only) either by depositing the money in any Branch of SBI by cash, or by using net banking facility of SBI, State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur/State Bank of Hyderabad/State Bank of Mysore/State Bank of Patiala/State Bank of Travancore or by using Visa/Master Credit/Debit Card
How to Apply for CDS (I) 2013 Exam
Candidates are required to register & apply online only here.