VIT Business School invites Applications for MBA & MBA (IB) for 2013-15. Apply Online Here.
VIT Business School is inviting applications to its MBA & MBA (IB) programmes for the academic session 2013-15.Posted by Nishatha Abraham on Nov. 28, 2012, 9:56 a.m.
The VIT Business School, part of VIT University, with campuses both in Vellore & Chennai, is inviting applications to its MBA & MBA (IB) programmes for the academic session 2013-15. Admissions are open through CAT/ XAT/ MAT/ GMAT.
Features of the MBA programmes offered by VIT Business School (VITBS):
- Fully residential programme (Chennai Campus)
- A Trimester - based programme
- Benchmarked curriculum and syllabi designed by VIT Business School faculty members with an industry experience
- A Fully Flexible Credit System (FFCS) that has been tested and pioneered at VIT Business School. Students customise their learning experiences at an appropriate pace by choosing from a wide range of elective courses and class schedules
- Ample exposure to practice through cases, course projects, industry internships, and tours abroad. Cases are developed by the faculty members through a system of active engagement with industry
- A focus on soft-skills training to enhance students' abilities to interact with others
- The programmes feature visiting experts from industry as guest speakers
- Careful selection of good students from all over India and abroad, who have consistent academic records, and the aptitude for management
Accreditations and Recognition
The All India Management Association (AIMA), in its B-School survey published in the Indian Management (May-2011, Volume 50; Issue - 5), graded VITBS at the top of the A2 schools in line with the top schools in the south of India.
Admission Process at VITBS:
- Candidates can apply online at www.vit.ac.in. You can click here to apply online for the MBA & MBA (IB) programmes at VITBS for 2013-15.
- The short-listed candidates will undergo Group Discussion / Personal Interview. The GD / PI will be held at Chennai, Coimbatore, Delhi, Hyderabad, Lucknow, Madurai, Patna, Ranchi and Vellore. The selection for admission to both Chennai & Vellore Campuses will be made based on the merit of the candidate. The exact date, time and venue of the GD / PI will be intimated by post / mail
- The selected candidate shall pay an advance fee of '.10,000/- on the day of the GD / PI (Non refundable)
Eligibility Criteria for Admission to VIT Business School:
- The applicant for admission should be a Resident Indian National and should have graduated from colleges located in India. NRI and foreign nationals may contact the Director - PG Admissions for details of admission
- A minimum of 60% is required in the qualifying full-time Bachelor’s degree from a recognised University or Institution. Candidates appearing for the final examination to be held in April/ May and whose results will be available on or before 15 August are also eligible for admission
- The Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent qualification obtained by the candidate must include a minimum of three years of regular education after completing higher secondary schooling (10+2) or equivalent
- Consistent academic record in X and XII standard is required
- CAT / XAT / MAT / GMAT score is essential
- Executive work experience is an advantage but not essential
- Students with valid CAT/XAT/GMAT score of 95 percentile and above are eligible for full fee waiver
- Students with valid CAT/XAT/GMAT score of 90 percentile and above are eligible for 50% tuition fee waiver
- Students with valid MAT score above 790 (791 to 800) are eligible for full fee waiver
- Students with valid MAT score in the range of 760 to 790 are eligible for 50% tuition fee waiver
Interview with Dr. Kalyani Rangarajan, Director of VIT Business School