VITEEE 2018 or Vellore Institute of Technology Engineering Entrance Examination is a national-level entrance examination conducted by Vellore Institute of Technology University. Know more about VITEEE 2018 Eligibility Criteria.
VITEEE 2018 Eligibility Criteria - VITEEE 2018 or Vellore Institute of Technology Engineering Entrance Examination is one of the most sought after engineering entrance examinations in India. It is conducted by Vellore Institute of Technology University and it is a national-level examination taken by students from all over the country. VITEEE has opened admission for more than 5000 seats in B.Tech course offered at Chennai and Vellore campus.
The upcoming VITEEE 2018 examination is likely to be held in the month of April 2018. The application form will be available in the month of November 2017. However, candidates are advised to check the eligibility criteria for VITEEE exam before filling the application form for VITEEE 2018.
VITEEE 2018 Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates should have completed or should be in the final year of 10+2 from any recognized board or PUC from any recognized university board/ university
- National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) candidates can also apply
- NRI candidates can also apply.
- PIO and OCI candidates can also apply
- Candidate should have taken regular, full-time and formal education
- Candidates from general category should have secured a minimum of 60% marks aggregate in 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Mathematics as subjects
- Candidates belonging to northeastern states or SC, ST category should have secured a minimum of 50% marks aggregate in 10+2
- Candidates born on or after July 1, 1995 can apply
- Candidates who have completed their studies abroad can apply through Foreign Category
Candidates belonging to northeastern states should provide Nativity Certificate to be able to apply for this category. NIOS candidates will have to show Migration cum Transfer Certificate as proof. Candidates who have completed their studies abroad can apply through Foreign Category only.
VITEEE 2018 Eligibility Criteria for NRI/Foreign Candidates
- The candidates should fulfill the minimum eligibility criteria in order to give the examination of VITEEE 2018.
- Candidates should have completed 12 years of schooling (equivalent to 10+2 system of Indian Education) with Physics, Chemistry and Biology or Mathematics or Biotechnology as compulsory subjects.
- Candidates born on or after July 1, 1995 can apply.
- Minimum average of 60% in Chemistry, Physics, and Mathematics (PCM) or Biology or Biotechnology (PCB) in standard XII or Equivalent Degree
- If candidates have studied Physical science with a combination of Physics and Chemistry as subjects in the qualifying examination, they should produce the certificate of approval from the school to that effect and also proper approval from AIU / Board of Studies.
- Aspirants who have studied Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics are eligible for all the B.Tech. Degree programmes and those candidates who have studied Physics, Chemistry, and Biology are eligible for B.Tech. Bio-Medical Engineering and Biotechnology programmes.
- The sponsorship of the candidates should be given by the parents(either father or mother) living abroad if the candidates fall in the category of NRI.
- NRI candidates should produce Employer Certificate of the sponsor -either Father or Mother, valid passport and copies of Visa.
- The candidates should have studied either English in the higher secondary level or in an English medium school.
- Mathematics and Physics are two compulsory subjects at A level/Form VI/ Senior VI or its equivalent.
- The third subject can be any of the following: Chemistry / Computer Sciences / Electronics / Biotechnology / Biology. For B.Tech. Biotechnology or Biomedical engineering aspirants, the eligible combination are Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM) OR Physics, Chemistry and Biology (PCB).
- Minimum of 60% aggregate marks in these subjects in standard XII or its equivalent.
- For candidates from Nepal, minimum of 60% aggregate in the above subjects for Class 11 and Class 12 put-together is mandatory.
- Candidate must have a Valid Passport or National ID.
Stay tuned to HTCampus.com for more updates on VITEEE 2018.