VITEEE 2018 or Vellore Institute of Technology Engineering Entrance Examination is a national-level entrance examination conducted by Vellore Institute of Technology University. Know more about VITEEE 2018 Syllabus
VITEEE 2018 Syllabus –The gateway for admission to undergraduate engineering courses offered at Vellore Institute of Technology University or VIT University is VITEEE or Vellore Institute of Technology Engineering Entrance Examination. This national-level examination is conducted once a year to admit students in B.Tech courses offered at Chennai and Vellore campuses of VIT University. Every year, more than one lakh students appear for VITEEE for 5000 B.Tech seats available at VIT University.
VITEEE 2018 is scheduled to be conducted by VIT University from April 4 to 15,2018 in three sessions every day. The application form of VITEEE 2018 has been made available by the university so, candidates can start applying either online or offline mode. Candidates will be required to book their slot for the computer-based exam in the third week of March 2018. It is mandatory for the interested candidates to fill up the Application form after paying the application fee. While preparing for VITEEE, it is necessary to have the detailed syllabus of VITEEE 2018 which will help the candidates in covering portions and subjects with ease hence, help to manage time wisely.
VITEEE 2018 Syllabus
Candidates appearing for VITEEE examination for the year 2018 will have to correctly answer 125 multiple-choice questions of one mark each. They can choose to appear for one of the question paper sets out of medical & non-medical sets.The questions will be based on Physics, Chemistry, English, Biology/ Mathematics subjects.
Candidates can refer to the syllabus for VITEEE 2018 available here for better preparation.
VITEEE 2018 Syllabus
- Laws of Motion & Work, Energy, and Power
- Properties of Matter
- Current Electricity
- Magnetic Effects of Electric Current
- Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Current
- Dual Nature of Radiation and Atomic Physics
- Nuclear Physics
- Semiconductor Devices and their Application
- Atomic Structure
- p,d and f – Block Elements
- Coordination Chemistry and Solid State Chemistry
- Thermodynamics, Chemical Equilibrium, and Chemical Kinetics
- Isomerism in Organic Compounds
- Alcohols and Ethers
- Carbonyl Compounds
- Carboxylic Acids and their derivatives organic Nitrogen Compounds and Biomolecules
- Carbohydrates – Distinction between sugars and non-sugars, structural formulae of glucose,
- fructose and sucrose, with their linkages, invert sugar – definition, examples of oligo and
- Amino acids – Classification with examples, Peptides-properties of peptide bond,
- Lipids - Definition, classification with examples, the difference between fats, oils and waxes.
- Cell and Molecular Biology
- Genetics and evolution
- Human health and diseases
- Plant physiology
- Human physiology
- Biotechnology and its applications
- Biodiversity, ecology and environment
- Matrices and their Applications
- Trigonometry and Complex Numbers
- Analytical Geometry of two dimensions
- Vector Algebra
- Analytical Geometry of Three Dimensions
- Differential Calculus
- Integral Calculus and its Applications
- Differential Equations
- Probability Distributions
- Discrete Mathematics
- Multiple Choice Questions
- Comprehension questions
- English Grammar and Pronunciation
All candidates are advised to follow the VITEEE 2018 Syllabus topics thoroughly before the examination.
Stay tuned to HTCampus.com for more updates on VITEEE 2018.