The Department of Computer Science and Engineering, Karunya University organized an intellectual event on October 27, 2014.
Entitled as “Grooming Engineers as Entrepreneurs”, Karunya University organized the event in collaboration with IEEE Young Professional, Madras Section.
- In his Presidential speech Vice-Chancellor encouraged the students quoting that SUN microsystems was founded by few of the graduate students of Stanford University. He also mentioned the honourable Prime minister's call for make in India and invited the young students and graduates to innovate and develop products.
- According to Prof. S. Elangovan, Chairman, IEEE Young Professionals, Madras section the membership of the graduates with the IEEE is extended to fifteen years after their graduations
- Mr. V. Govindan Selvam Managing Director, GK Power Expertise Pvt Ltd expressed that opportunities for entrepreneurship in the following areas. Tourism, automobile, textiles, social ventures, software, engineering goods, franchising, education and training, food processing, corporate demands, ayurveda and traditional medicine, organic farming, media, packaging, floriculture, toys, healthcare sector, biotechnology, energy solutions, recycling business
- Mr. V. Rajagopalan, Assistant General Manager, State Bank of India, Coimbatore informed about the urge of more entrepreneurs to satisfy new demands and solve new problems.
- Mr. Mohankumar Swaminathan, Managing Director, Tinywall advised the engineering students to run attend the national level symposia, organize seminars and workshops in colleges/universities, work on lots of freelancing works, create identity
- Mr. Jebastian, Managing Director, Lovely leafs emphasised on rather thinking about their will power and strength, think about he is going to found a company on his ideas and he is going to give employment opportunities to his friends. Progress and survival stands more important than the creativity he also added.
Also on HTCampus.com
Like us on