NIT Silchar will organise a three-day workshop on Remote Village Electrification during February 4-7, 2017. Check the details here!
National Institute of Technology, Silchar is going to organise a three-day workshop on “Remote Village Electrification” from February 4, 2017, to February 6, 2017. National Institute of Solar Energy, an autonomous Institute under the Ministry of News and Renewable Energy Sources, Government of India, sponsors the workshop.
The objective of the Workshop:
- To acquaint the target audience with the information on Solar Energy
- To bring the awareness to various applications of Solar Energy
- Application of RE technology to meet Energy needs in the Rural Areas.
- Availability of New and Renewable Resources
- Various government schemes on off-grid solar technologies.
- State and Central govt. policy and schemes
- Introduction to Solar PV Gadgets
- Solar Photovoltaic systems
- Solar based off-grid lighting system
- Discussion on major components of a solar PV system, inverter and battery
- Solar thermal specifications and its applications (low-grade heat to high-grade heat)
- Concentrated solar thermal technologies for cooking and process heating
- Hybrid solar power systems
- Scope of solar biomass hybrid solar power generation system in the Northeast India
- Entrepreneur skills and soft skills
This programme is open to the target audience: Farmers; Women from Rural Locations; Village Level renewable energy Service Company; Panchayat and Village heads; Officers from State Nodal Agencies; Officials from State and Central Agriculture departments; Unemployed youth; Entrepreneurs in the northeast.
The number of participants is limited to 30 (thirty).
January 31, 2017
Selected candidates will be informed about selection by email or phone by
February 2, 2017
There is no registration fee to attend the programme. Selected participants will be offered tea and lunch during the workshop. Candidates will have to make their own accommodation and transport to attend the Workshop.
Brochure and registration form can also be downloaded from the official website of the institute: http://www.nits.ac.in.
Source: Ghufran Alam Siddiqui, HTCampus Specialist