Department of Statistics, Faculty of Science, University of Allahabad organising Workshop on Understanding Statistics through MS-Excel and SPSS
Department of Statistics, Faculty of Science, University of Allahabad, Allahabad, is going to conduct Workshop on Understanding Statistics through MS-Excel and SPSS (Statistical Package for the Social Sciences) from August 31, 2015 to September 5, 2015 at the University Campus.
The current induction programme intends to provide innate knowledge towards simple and exhaustive ways of data analysis through interactive and practice based sessions together with theoretical learning. The workshop will help the scholars and researchers to brush up their skills and will appeal the different learning styles. Microsoft Excel is such tool which is accessed by most of the part takers of the workshop, and this induction event will teach them that how it can prove to be a very strong tool in statistical computing and enhancing the practical concept of calculation mechanism.
Objective of the Workshop:
- To provide the participants a simple and exhaustive way of data analysis through interaction based session and practical training along with theoretical learning.
- To equip them with hands-on experience of the models and tools used in research in different subjects purview of Social Sciences, Humanities and Science Subjects.
- The part takers will be taught step-by-step procedure to make use of Excel/SPSS. Also they will be taught the use of each step and the motive behind each step.
- Statistical theory and formulae explained in easy and precise manner without taking down the participants in mathematical fine points.
- The Nature of Data Scales of Measurement
- Descriptive Statistics Measures of Central Tendency & Variability
- Probability Distribution - Binomial, Poisson and Normal.
- Correlation & Regression - Linear, Multiple, Logistic.
- Testing of Hypothesis - z - test, t - test, Chi Square- test, F - test
- Analysis of Variance
- Getting Acquainted with Microsoft Excel and SPSS Basics.
The students, researchers who are interested in participating can take up ON THE SPOT registration during August 20, 2015 to August 30, 2015 in the office of Department of Statistics, Faculty of Science, University of Allahabad, along with filled attached application form and a registration fee of INR 2000/-. Seats are limited (40 only), therefore registration will be on the basis of first come first served.
Source: Rishabh Pal & Hera Akhkaq, HT Campus Specialists