Career as an AI Engineer in India boasts to be one of the most flourishing careers in the near future. The virtual world is in a continuous state of metamorphosis and getting evolved every second and minute. This quest of evolution has gifted us Artificial Intelligence, which is ready to cause desirable disruption in all the verticals of the market. Artificial Intelligence jobs in India are expected to grow faster than the rest of the world as most of the projects are outsourced to India. Currently, India is estimated to be $180 Million annually in revenues. Hence, the demand for skilled engineers and scientist is and will be continually rising. This could be a fantastic career move if you take interest in this field of science.
Top institutes like BITS Pilani, IIT Delhi, IIT Kharagpur, etc. provide specializations in Artificial Intelligence. The average salary of AI professionals in India is close to INR 14 Lacs across all experience level and skills sets. It is more than what professionals in Analytics/ Data Science earn. Top players in the market like Accenture, Wipro, Adobe, JPMorgan, Infotech, Nvidia and Intel and much more, show a keen interest in hiring Artificial Intelligence professionals. The boom in this sector is unlikely to slow down resulting in more jobs and profits.
Achieving your dream job in this field wouldn’t be tough if you plan the roadmap beforehand. The journey begins once you choose PCM (Physics, Chemistry and Maths) Science stream in high school. Specialization in Artificial Intelligence during higher studies is crucial. Companies prefer hiring candidates who’ve done Masters or PhD in this field due to their deeper understanding of the subject matter.
What do they do?
The job opportunities for an AI Engineer are comparatively broad, which suggests that there can be many roles that he/she can play. Points are given below that describe the job of an AI Engineer:
- AI Engineer can work as Research Scientists who are responsible for designing, researching and analyzing information
- AI Engineer can also play the role of Software Engineers who are experts networks, operating systems, databases or applications
- C# Developer can handle many aspects of developing an application like scalability, security, testing, QA, etc.
- Information Security Engineers safeguard organization’s computer networks and systems
- Software Development manager designs, installs, tests and maintains system software
- A Java Developer collaborates with web developers and software engineers to use Java in business applications, software and website
- A Software Analyst researches and studies software application domain, develop software requirements, etc.
Skills needed to be an AI Engineer are given in the points given below:
- Analytical thought process and ability to solve problems with cost-effective and efficient solutions
- Foresightedness to translate technological innovations programs
- Technical skills to design maintain and repair technology and software programs. They must know how to translate highly technical information into layman language so that other people can carry out their jobs
- Good communication skills
- Must be a team player
- He/she should be comfortable with all the level of Maths, including statistics, algebra, calculus, logic, algorithms, etc.